Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal Dismissal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Illegal Dismissal Empty Illegal Dismissal Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:42 pm

jhannivy

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po. I just wanted to refer this case to the forum. Bale po, my father runs a piano bar, along with 3 other business partners. This business was assumed from the previous owner last june of 2010, and a contract was executed for this. Na-bankrupt kasi ang business dati, kaya inassume ng father ko. With the new set of owners po, kinuha pa ring manager ang dating manager ng piano bar. Since pag assume po ng business, di pa po ngbbreak-even ang business. Nung inaudit po ng mom ko, she found out na may irregularities po sa pagpapatakbo ng manager. Pag tinatanong po 'yung manager, wala pong modo kung sumagot. Until po nung March 02, 2011, when my father asked the manager for a sit-down meeting, nagwala po bigla 'yung manager, which prompted my dad to suspend the manager. Afterwhich, ngfile po sila ng complaint sa barangay against the manager kasi po may ginawa 'yung manager which are detrimental to the conduct of the business. At this time po, ginawa naman ng father ko ang required of the labor law re termination. Pinadalhan 'ung manager ng 3 sets of letters: (1) letter requiring written explanation to charges, (2) letter requesting for a disciplinary meeting and (3) letter notifying of termination. All these letters were personally served sa bahay nung manager, and all were refused to receive. Pero may witness naman kami from the barangay na di nya tinanggap, aside from the fact na nag-iwan kami ng copy sa bahay nila. Tapos po, bigla na lang namin nalaman na ngfile pala ung manager ng complaint sa Dole and my parents were charged illegal dismissal, as well as pinahiya po raw siya. Kaninang umaga po ang ang conciliation, and my parents were willing to settle based on Dole's computation. Kaso po, ayaw po nung manager makipagsettle kasi po P150,000 po ang demand nya compared po sa almost P17,000 na amount computed by Dole. Ngayon po, i-escalate na po ang case sa NLRC. With this po, hingi lang po sana kami ng advice kung ano po ang dapat gawin. Thanks po ng marami and more power!

2Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 pm

jhannivy

Arresto Menor

help anyone?

3Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:40 pm

attyLLL

are the mandatory conciliation conferences over? have you been ordered to file your position papers?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:25 am

jhannivy

Arresto Menor

Thanks po sa reply. Bale po, March 15 'yong conciliation sa Dole and walang settlement na nangyari. Wala naman pong position paper n pina-file. Sabi lang nung taga-Dole, i-aakyat na sa NLRC ang case. 'Di rin po dininig ng taga-Dole ang side ng respondent. Clueless po kami kung anong next na mangyayari or ano po ang steps na gawin namin.

Thanks po ulit.

5Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:24 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Since DOLE was not able to resolve the issue of your father, it is correct that the matter be escalated to NLRC.

The complaint will then have to be re-filed there and you will undergo another set of conciliation/mediation hearings. Position paper only if there is no settlement reached.

http://www.councilviews.com

6Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 am

jhannivy

Arresto Menor

Pwede po bang i-dismiss ung case, in case mg file sya? Puro kasi allegations 'yong complaints niya. and may letters na naman po kami to prove na may due process 'yung termination niya, though ni-refused nya to receive.. pero may witness and signature naman po kami s barangay na nirefuse nga po nya ang personal service at nag-iwan kami ng kopya nya sa bahay nila.

7Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 pm

attyLLL

no, those matters can only be asserted in your position paper.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

8Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:14 pm

jhannivy

Arresto Menor

thanks po and more power!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum