Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a Private Alley be Closed and Sold ?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can a Private Alley be Closed and Sold ? Empty Can a Private Alley be Closed and Sold ? Fri May 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Winie_Pooh

Arresto Menor

I recently finished buying several lots and a private alley declared on the title as "Lot xxx (ALLEY)" sticks into my three lots. Image the letter "U" and I own all three sides of the "U" but the originally subdivided land separated an alley which will NEVER be used for the intended purpose.

Is there an easy way to have the private alley, upon which the title owner still pays property taxes, "untitled" as an alley so its owner can sell me the portion needed to turn my consolidated "U" shaped lots back into a square shape ? We are only talking about 2m x 3.5 = 7 sqm of alley that sticks into my lot that I want removed.

My assumption is that a court order is required ? Any easier solution ?

Thanks

attyLLL

so it's not actually being used as an alley? no one would object?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Winie_Pooh

Arresto Menor

Can a Private Alley be Closed and Sold ? Sketch10

We own all the lots with red checkmark. The owner of the alley would not object and will gladly sell us the portion. We want legal ownership of the 7 sqm portion of the alley so city will approve a fence permit across this 7 sqm portion of the alley. We will leave the remainder of the alley in front as a walkpath.

Getting a court order to "close" the alley/portion and subdivide is expensive... just for 7 sqm, but maybe there is an easier/cheaper way than court order?

Our lot is overlooking the ocean. That is why we would like to make the front yard square (without the 7 sqm gap).

Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum