Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

building attached to our fence

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1building attached to our fence Empty building attached to our fence Fri May 04, 2018 2:04 pm

efcabrido

Arresto Menor

Good day!

My problem is that my neighbor put up an extension of their house which they made attached to our fence. The structure, although made of light materials (G.I. corrugated sheets for the wall, coconut lumber for the frame) but with concrete floor, and with electrical lighting. Our fear is that in case that structure is on fire, our house might be affected since the distance of that structure to our house is only 11 feet. I know that there should be a rear setback of 2 m from their wall to their property line as defined in the National Building Code. Their defense is that their structure is not a permanent one since it is only made of light materials as opposed to a structure made up of concrete walls which would make it a permanent structure.

We have already informed the Barangay about it and had a hearing yesterday, May 3, 2018. The Barangay says that disputes like this is out of their hands since the Municipal Engineering Office has the jurisdiction.

I would like to know if the Barangay is correct in their statement. Or are they just shying away from this issue since our neighbor, who I am referring to, is one of their Barangay Justices? What are the moves that we should take since we really would like that structure be moved at least 2 meters from our fence? Your legal advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

2building attached to our fence Empty Re: building attached to our fence Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm

attyLLL

they are correct that such complaint is better filed at the office of the building official

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum