Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atty pa-advise naman po: CLEARANCE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Atty pa-advise naman po: CLEARANCE  Empty Atty pa-advise naman po: CLEARANCE Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 pm

jan7she

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon, sir. I have filed my resignation last Feb 22 and currently rendering 30 days. My last day of employment after my serving 30 days will be March 24. When I filed my resignation, my immediate boss advised me that my clearance would only be signed 30 days after my last day (approximately April 24) and after that I will have to wait 45 days for the processing of my retirement pay.

Atty, is the time frame for the signing of the clearance, which is 30 days, just? I have known other employees belonging to same level who were given clearance after only 1 week. Agents get their clearance signed within the same day. The time frame they have given me is a little short of 3 months and I feel that I am unnecessarily delayed.

Atty, what should I do? Please advise.

2Atty pa-advise naman po: CLEARANCE  Empty Re: Atty pa-advise naman po: CLEARANCE Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:33 pm

attyLLL

the problem with the labor code is that it doesn't prescribe a proper time frame for release of last pay. neither does it say anything (if i'm wrong, anyone, i'll be gladly corrected) about a right to a clearance or a certificate of employment.

i agree that 3 months is an unreasonable time. you can send a demand letter, but if they ignore it, your remedy would be to file a complaint at dole or at the nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum