Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Removing Father Surname

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Removing Father Surname Empty Removing Father Surname Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm

joy.jn

Arresto Menor

Hi,, i just want to asked for legal advice on how to remove the surname of the father in the child birth certificate. Here is the case- we have a copy of the child BC that was registered to the local municipality using the Mother Surname, but when we get the original copy of BC in PSA we found out that the child carried the father's surname..and when we call to the local municipality they said that just follow what is on the PSA/NSO certificate because it was legal. They are not married.

2Removing Father Surname Empty Re: Removing Father Surname Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Ceneta

Arresto Menor

Hi any updates on your post? were you able to change the last name? I am trying to change my daughter's last name too.

3Removing Father Surname Empty Re: Removing Father Surname Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:36 am

c_lloyd

c_lloyd
Arresto Menor

From the brief facts you've provided, I assume that your child is illegitimate but carries the surname of the father after expressly recognizing the child to be his own. Well, As I have addressed in similar questions before, Parents do not have a right to change his child's surname. The Supreme Court reiterates that the illegitimate child has the choice of surname by which they wish to be known. (Grande vs. Antonio). So meaning, Such discretion is left to your child alone. This is also in light with Article 176 of the Family Code, as amended by R.A. No. 9255.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum