Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Case against the paramour/other man

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Case against the paramour/other man Empty Case against the paramour/other man Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 am

bluewater

Arresto Menor

Hello Attorneys,

I would like to know if there is a case against my wife's lover without including my wife (as in the case of adultery...).

You see, yes "it takes two to tango", but I sense that my wife was also taken advantage of due to the following reasons:

1. Wife is extremely emotionally/mentally stressed when the her lover courted her and asked her to go into the affair. He guised friendship as the means to be close to each other, where my wife shares her stresses (problem with our first and only baby, physical separation from me because of work). The lover knew that my wife was weak during the time.

2. The lover is a predator. His previous relationships before my wife was with a married woman. He left his relationship with my wife for another woman.

3. I can sue for adultery and am very sure I win. But I would not like to include my wife whom I know (objectively) has been psychologically manipulated and taken advantage of (...and discarded eventually...).

My wife is now psychologically broken because of the guilt and disbelief on what she had done.

As of now all I know of is about a civil case for damages under Article 26 Paragraph 2 of the New Civil Code of the Philippines (NCC) which describes...(2) Meddling with or disturbing the private life or family relations of another;

But this is just a civil case and its not about money.Is there a criminal case for this situation like something in RA 9262 or others?

I know of faster means of retribution but I'd rather try the straight path first.

Thanks for your help...

2Case against the paramour/other man Empty Re: Case against the paramour/other man Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 pm

attyLLL

I know of faster means of retribution but I'd rather try the straight path first.
Many of those who find themselves in legal trouble were brought there by destructive righteousness and got too blinded to forget not to get caught. I can understand the overwhelming desire and demand to hit back, and it takes years to fully recover from something like this.

RA 9262 will require that she speak against the guy and prove that he committed some form of violence against her. Indeed you can file it by yourself, but your wife would have to stand as the ultimate victim and admit her infidelity. Does she have the fortitude to do that?

Does the guy know that you know?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Case against the paramour/other man Empty Re: Case against the paramour/other man Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:51 pm

bluewater

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:
Many of those who find themselves in legal trouble were brought there by destructive righteousness and got too blinded to forget not to get caught. I can understand the overwhelming desire and demand to hit back, and it takes years to fully recover from something like this.

RA 9262 will require that she speak against the guy and prove that he committed some form of violence against her. Indeed you can file it by yourself, but your wife would have to stand as the ultimate victim and admit her infidelity. Does she have the fortitude to do that?

Does the guy know that you know?

Thanks sir for the reply. Yup, I'd rather be straight (you cannot be very careful with things like these...or can you? Smile ).

I think the guy has an idea that I know about the affair because I straight up called him on the phone and he flatly denied it to me and just said that he and wife are just very close friends. But then wifey finally admitted due to my relentless investigations...I tried to talk to him again but he must be afraid that I already know, because he doesn't answer my calls anymore.

What form of abuse can I base such kind of situations? She wasn't physically hurt by the guy. She was pyschologically and emotionally abused and manipulated though. She is willing to file a case against the guy and she admits her infidelity.

Is there even a remote chance that we will win this case using RA 9262?

Also, I love my wife so much and she also loves me, so that I/we are willing to work this devastating marriage problem out...

4Case against the paramour/other man Empty Re: Case against the paramour/other man Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:48 pm

attyLLL

evidence is always the key to winning a case. there are many acts in RA 9262 which can be used for filing a charge.

may i just comment that your wife may be willing to file a case against him to appease you, but reliving this may be very humiliating for her.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum