Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

When can I sue someone for libel?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When can I sue someone for libel? Empty When can I sue someone for libel? Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:54 am

Justaskingforafriend

Arresto Menor

A group of OJTs filed an Extortion complaint about my friend and he swore its not true. The group of 5 students some at legal age have no any evidence to support their complaints. They have this in written from and have signed before the management. Can my friend sue them for libel? Extortion is something serious.

2When can I sue someone for libel? Empty Re: When can I sue someone for libel? Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:31 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

what did the management do?

3When can I sue someone for libel? Empty Re: When can I sue someone for libel? Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Justaskingforafriend

Arresto Menor

They asked for a written incident report and even asked my friend to revise his report twice just to support the student's complaints where his story was a lot different from the students'. Then for the third time the management asked him to revise his written report where he have already gave all the information he knows. So I have advised him to ask the management to have an open meeting with the students along with their adviser and him with his manager and supervisor and HR. We are still waiting for their decision.

4When can I sue someone for libel? Empty Re: When can I sue someone for libel? Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 am

attyLLL

this is not libel if they only submitted it to management and not posted it for everyone to see

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5When can I sue someone for libel? Empty Re: When can I sue someone for libel? Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 am

Justaskingforafriend

Arresto Menor

I see. Thank you.. but what can we charge them? It already left a mark on the employee. His integrity was destroyed just because of false stories.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum