Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Contract

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breach of Contract Empty Breach of Contract Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Micrbl

Arresto Menor

I would like to seek for your legal advice on my challenges with my previous employer. On May 2014, I was offered a job in a multilateral company and I was referred to an agency. The agency hired me as a Consultant. In June 2017, my other colleagues and I were forced to sign a 2016 contract and they indicated that we cannot apply to the multilateral company directly.Please note that this non compete clause is not indicated in our initial contract. We were hesistant to sign because the non competition clause is limiting us to explore other opportunities. We refused to sign but the agency held our salaries. We talked to the owner and discussed the details of the contract. He said that the clause is only applicable to a competing agency and since the multilateral company is not a competing agency thia clause is not applicable, since he promised that this clause won't be a problem, we signed the contract. In July 2017, I came across a possible opportunity as a regular employee in the multilateral company so I seek agency's approval. Verbally they agreed, and asked me to ensure that I should have a replacement. Unfortunately I was not hired, but in November 2017 I received another opportunity to work as a direct consultant in the multilateral company. In connection to his prior approval in July, I requested for his written consent. Unfortunately, he denied and threatened to sue me if I will apply. He emailed the multilateral company that they cannot accept me, since there is a non competition clause between the multilateral company and agency. Few days after several verification, the multilateral company allowed me to apply since I am not part of the agreement and eventually hired me. I rendered a resignation to the agency and since I am not a regular employee I filed an immediate resignation and ensure them of proper turn over. They have called me today and told me that they will file a legal case against me.

I apologize for sending a very lenghty email, I feel harrased and felt that this company is stopping my professional growth. I badly need your help and assistance. Thank you very much.

2Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:04 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

If you signed a contract that you cannot apply to their client, then you did breach your contract and they can file legally against you.

However, most of the time, agencies would not file a case because of the cost that this would entail. IMO, if they still have a contract with the company and for the said position that you held before you resigned, I don't see them having any reason to pursue any legal action against you.

3Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:10 am

Micrbl

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your reply. I hope they wont pursue the case but if ever the will, is there a chance for me to use the part where they forced us to sign the contract, and there were discrepancies in the contract date, the date of the contract was sept 2016 but asked us to sign june 2017?

4Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

usual arguments are its not fair, its too broad and its too long. no discrepancies in the contract aren’t usually cited. yung forcing, ubless you mean they held a gun to your head then its not a valid excuse

5Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:30 am

Micrbl

Arresto Menor

Ahhh i see. Okay. Thanks for your reply. Smile

6Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Your employer has an advantage over you considering that the non-compete contract between you and your employer is documented. That's one advantage (or disadvantage, as you may view it based on your situation) of having a written contract. You may read this, I hope this helps you better understand contracts. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/key-benefits-written-contract-business

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum