Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment of Marriage

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annulment of Marriage Empty Annulment of Marriage Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Selim

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty. Is it required personal appearance to file petition for annulment in Philippines? I am an OFW working in UAE. How much approximately do I need to pay for consultation of lawyer if in Pampanga area. Is it required that I need to get a Filipino lawyer not other nationalities? My fiancée visa documents was processed by Malaysian lawyer referred in UK Immigration but it was not stamped in Malaysian court due to Annulment Certificate required. Can that Malaysian lawyer process my certificate without my presence or will it be denied in our court as he is other nationality? Will he be required to attend all hearings? Please advise.

2Annulment of Marriage Empty Re: Annulment of Marriage Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:17 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

regarding the cost, only the lawyer you will retain can answer that. If your annulment will be filed in the Philippines, then only lawyers who are legally valid to practice law in the Philippines can represent you. And yes, the petitioner will be required to appear in court for pre-trial and testimony. the appearance of the respondent is not required.

3Annulment of Marriage Empty Re: Annulment of Marriage Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Selim

Arresto Menor

I can file petition of annulment in other countries ? Here in UAE ? If here in UAE any nationality of lawyer will be allowed ? Or still Filipino lawyer to accompany me on pre trial n testimony?

4Annulment of Marriage Empty Re: Annulment of Marriage Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:50 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

If you want your Philippine recognized marriage to be annulled, then you can only file it in the Philippines. Even if you were to get an annulment decree in UAE, it is not automatically recognized in the Philippines. You would have to file a petition again in court (now in the Philippines) to have your annulment abroad recognized.

5Annulment of Marriage Empty Re: Annulment of Marriage Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 pm

grisham_72463

Arresto Menor

u need to retain a Filipino lawyer who handles domestic law cases like annulment, legal separation etc. to avoid complications.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum