Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oral Defamation (threat to ruin my name in the company I am working)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

angeltoguideu

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I need your advice on how to move forward legally, I received a threatening text messages whereby the messages are as follow:

a. "ngaun kong ayaw mo ng gulo iwasan mo asawa ko at wag ka magpauto sa kanya"
b. "may pic ka sa laptop nya, kayang kaya kitang ipatanggal at ipahiya sa (name of company i'm currently employed) through my HR contacts from your company
c. "ibabalandra ko ang pagmumuka mo sa lahat ng branch ng (name of company I'm currently employed) at through my facebook makita lang kita at ipahiya"

Just to give you a slight background of the story this girl happened to be ex of my boyfriend, and she got my number through my BF's sis-in-law. I received this messages just recently. I'm already threatened with her accusations that she will ruined my name in the company I'm working with. Though I know that the company I'm working with wouldn't mind such, however mapapahiya ako and somehow masisira din ang pangalan ko. I'm planning to file a police blotter in our city police station.

I have her basic information: complete name, company she is currently working with, and cellphone.

My witness is boyfriend for such act.

Here are my questions:
a. Is this threat considered as oral defamation and unjust vexation
b. If ever she will do her threat, should I file libel?
c. How much will it cost if I pursue the case?
d. Should I go through prosecutor's office, or consult a lawyer first?
e. Is it high time for me to hire a lawyer?

Thank you.

attyLLL

is she really married to your boy friend? what is their situation? why would she have access to his laptop? did your relationship start while they were still together?

text messages can be used as evidence. the problem is how to prove that she is the owner of the number if she denies it.

what she has committed are unjust vexation and threats. If she actually posts in FB, then that can be considered libel.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum