Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training bond / deduction from Last Pay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Training bond / deduction from Last Pay Empty Training bond / deduction from Last Pay Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 pm

z22

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon.

I would just like to ask whether or not it is wise to take legal action against my former employer.

Here are the relevant points (sorry, I suck at narratives):

1. The bond in question refers to a training I undertook February of this year, abroad.

2. I have an email from the company who sponsored the training (who is a supplier of my former employer) attesting that my former employer was not charged anything for my training. I can also request a signed statement from the sponsor company.

3. Prior to my training, I was told that there would be a bond. I did not acknowledge this, as I knew that the training would entail no cost to my employer.  Before I left, I was asked to sign a contract. I did not sign. There were no attempts to stop me from joining the training even if I did not sign. After I returned, I was also asked to sign. I still refused.

4. I informed people that I did not want to sign the contract. I also did not reply to multiple follow-up requests to sign the contract. The contract entailed a 3 year bond period.

5. Since I left my previous employer before the 3 years, they deducted this bond from my last pay.

6. There is nothing expressly written or stipulated in the employment documents or HR manuals that I signed and accepted that pertain to this practice.

7. The deducted amount in question is around 200,000 pesos.

8. I was only made aware of the scale of the deduction lately.

9. I have not yet collected my last pay, as it involves my signing of a waiver and quitclaim form.

If you require a transcript or a copy of the email trail I had with Management, as well as any other supporting documents, please send me a PM.

I would appreciate your answers to this. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by z22 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Apparently forum is publicly viewable, might compromise email)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum