Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terminated due to misconduct

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terminated due to misconduct Empty Terminated due to misconduct Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:29 pm

ms1980

Arresto Menor

Hi,
So I was terminated due to misconduct. I tried appealing to have a graceful exit but they rejected it. I accepted my fate and and trying to move on. This was the first ever mistake I made in all of my career.

The thing is I was the only one who got terminated for this, and the rest of the other employees were given a warning and a letter of some sort that they signed specifically not to repeat that thing again. Is it unfair that I was the only one that got terminated for it? Or does the company have the right to do that?

Do they have the right to reject my appeal for graceful exit?
What are my rights in receiving final pay etc?
Can I use the reason of being a first time offender in labor court to remove the termination and allow me to resign?

This is the first time I ask for labor help since I've never broke company policies before. My mistake was only due to curiousity. I didn't cause any financial loss or anything severe.

Thank you.

2Terminated due to misconduct Empty Re: Terminated due to misconduct Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Regarding the other employees receiving a warning only, this is because of different circumstances. Not all circumstances are the same. it also depends on how well you explain yourself during the disciplinary action process.

Employer have the right to reject your appeal for a graceful exit, specially if the decision have already been made. Graceful exit is usually offered before the DA process.

for your final pay, you have the right to receive the wages for the days worked after your cut-off and before termination, your 13th month pay, tax return if any, and other monetary benefit due you if there is any.

regarding going to labor court to remove the termination record, answer is no.

hope this helps

3Terminated due to misconduct Empty Re: Terminated due to misconduct Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm

ms1980

Arresto Menor

Thank you sir, one last thing. The HR said that I'm not entitled to receive my unused vacation leave as monetary payback. Am I entitled to that as well or no?

Thank you again for the prompt response.

4Terminated due to misconduct Empty Re: Terminated due to misconduct Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:59 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

is it a benefit policy to convert unused leave to cash? if so, then you are entitled to it.

5Terminated due to misconduct Empty Re: Terminated due to misconduct Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:46 pm

ms1980

Arresto Menor

There is no such mention in my signed contract under "benefits".

"Benefits: you shall be eligible to participate in benefits plans as adopted by the company from time to time. the terms of these benefits shall be determined by the company or as thereafter amended. Any grants or awards made in accordance with these plans hall be governed by the terms of the applicable plans and the grant or award agreement provided to you at the time of issuance. the company reserves the right to amend, modify or terminate any of its plans or programs at any time in its sole discretion."

If a company does not state anything about encashing VLs or SLs, means it is understood it does not convert leaves to cash, correct?

Also I was suppose to get the first portion of "Employment Referral Program" or ERP but HR kept stalling when I was still employed. Now that I'm terminated, do I still have the right to get the first installment of ERP?

Thank you for your patience. Very much appreciate it.

6Terminated due to misconduct Empty Re: Terminated due to misconduct Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes, cannot convert it into cash if it is not practiced. only SIL is convertible to cash. If you were supposed to received something before and it was delayed, you should still receive it along with your final pay

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum