Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

illegal dismissal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1illegal dismissal Empty illegal dismissal Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:25 am

jackie reyes

Arresto Menor

need help lang po, i just have some inquiries about the case of illegal dismissal, i work another an agency, i work at the cinema of a famous mall in makati as an admin/operations assistant, first i was assigned to handle the customer service section of their website. my boyfriend frequently fetch me from work. and i don't know why but the bosses of the company i am assigned always make it a big deal, they would keep asking me why is my boyfriend always outside our office, upto the point that my boyfriend and i often argued about it, because i started asking him to just fetch me somewhere else so that the bosses won't talk about it. after 8 months i was asked to transfer to one of their other malls in taguig and as expected my boyfriend still fetch me, and there was a time when i let him watch a movie, but with the theater OIC/cashiers' blessings. now after 2 weeks of being transferred, a day after my day off, i was shocked and confused to know that the deputy operations manager has already sent someone to relieve me of my job. i got terminated for the reason that they coudn't explain to me, i tried calling the deputy operations manager of the management handling the cinema, and he just told me that the former Theater OIC will update me. i tried texting the theater OIC/cashier because he's the one that i report to, he just replied to me, "may mga pangyayaring hindi ko mapaliwanag, bahala na ang agency sau sabi ng deputy operations manager. salamat!"
i felt so humiliated sa ginawa nila, i am a single parent and i needed that job. then i heard from a friend who works at the makati office, that the reason was my boyfriend and that they accused me of always being out of office. and they also said that if i insist na pumasok wag daw ako hahayaan at pigilan ako. that day na nagpadala sila ng tao to be my kapalit, i left that taguig office after almost 4 hours waiting for their explanation. but no one tried to contact me. not a single notice, not a call, not a verbal notice. upto to this day i'm still waiting for the agency to contact me but still no signs of them. i know i can file an illegal dismissal case against them. but my question is does it apply even if i am under an agency? can i also file it against the company that i was assigned to? because they are the one's who decide with the placement of the employees. thanks, just need an advice before i push through the case.

2illegal dismissal Empty Re: illegal dismissal Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:14 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

IMO you cannot file any complaint of illegal dismissal against the management of the cinema because you were never their employee.

Similarly you cannot file a complaint of illegal dismissal against the agency if you are still employed by them.

http://www.councilviews.com

3illegal dismissal Empty Re: illegal dismissal Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:45 pm

attyLLL

jackie, could you describe your work further? who supervises you? where do you get your pay?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4illegal dismissal Empty re illegal dismissal Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:00 am

jackie reyes

Arresto Menor

is that so? kawawa naman po pala kaming mga under ng agency.. pag naisipan na kaming alisin di na kami pwedeng umangal. tanggap nlang ng tanggap??.. ang work ko po sa cinema is admin assistant, so as supervisor for all the other cinema personnel, from projectionist, ticket sellers, usherettes, janitors, and maintenance tech. the only regular po are the theater cashier/theater OIC and theater managers. our salary came from the agency, but they bill the company of the number of manpower so as the sss, philhealth, pagibig contributions, and the 13th month pay.
isn't there anything else that i can do? para po kasing basta nalang ako tinapon. right now i am jobless. haven't heard from my agency since feb. 23, 2011. i've been to cinema in dustry since may of last year. thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum