Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Empty TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:51 am

Royal.Smasher

Arresto Menor

Hi! I do hope that somebody will help me with regards to my case.
I was "Terminated" in my past company for misconduct (to be stated-Habitual Tardiness). I already spoke with one of the representative in DOLE, and he told me that, I am still eligible for a backpay (my 13th Month Pay) and the problem is, my past employer are keep on refusing to give it. Because I was tagged as "TERMINATED FOR MISCONDUCT". Is this true po ba? Can somebody give me an advice please. Thank you!

2TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Empty Re: TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

back pay is usually used if you are terminated and due to court decision, companies were ordered to pay your wages from the time you were terminated to the time the court ordered them to pay you. if you are asking for back pay, then until you won your case against the company and court ordered them to, you are not entitled to it.

What you might be asking for is your final pay or last pay which are: unpaid salary of the days you worked, pro-rated 13th month pay, tax return, etc. Labor code only state that Terminated employees due to just cause (misconduct) are not entitled to separation pay. Separation pay is given only if the employee is terminated to authorized cause.

Therefore, you are still entitled to your last pay since it is not a back pay nor is it a separation pay.

3TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Empty Re: TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 am

Royal.Smasher

Arresto Menor

Hi Mikos! Thank you for responding. I believe that I still have 13th Month pay left in my previous employer, since I was a regular employee there. I just want to ask also, what is the right term for that? If it's not a backpay nor a separation pay. So that I can state it clearly to them. And is it required to give it back to me eventhough I was Terminated? In short, do I have to pursue them? Thank you so much!

4TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Empty Re: TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

It is called your last pay. Included will be the days you worked that haven't received yet, any leave credits, tax refund and pro rated 13th month pay.

Go to DOLE and file for money claims.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum