Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redundancy Rights

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redundancy Rights Empty Redundancy Rights Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 am

Yoong

Arresto Menor

Question: I have read some topics where it is said that the company can put the employee on floating status for up to 6 months before giving out the redundancy. Is this true? paano naman expenses ng tao kapag 6 months kang hindi binabayaran?

I have been working as an applications consultant with my current company for 4 years already and when I got in I realized that the business intent registered in SEC does not cover IT applications support services. Lately lang nila inupdate. Ngayon, nagramp down na ang account namin and the one reporting to me has been redundated na after being on float for a month. Ako nalang ang extended by the client up to now.

My question is, since the company clearly has no same/similar position for me inside the organization, kasi hindi naman talaga normal yun position ko sa services they offer to the clients and it was only a one off na nagkamali sila dahil akala nila administrator (data entry) ang gagawin yun pala applications consultant, upon discharge by my client, can I demand redundancy to them as well as in right upfront without the need to wait for 6 months na obvious namang wala silang same position for me? I believe they plan to place me in a different company to work for (subsidiary nila abroad but not the actual company registered here in the philippines).

Thank you.

2Redundancy Rights Empty Re: Redundancy Rights Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:18 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

you cannot demand. its up to them.

3Redundancy Rights Empty Re: Redundancy Rights Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 am

Yoong

Arresto Menor

Are you sure it is up to them? Is this the law? It is up to them to decide when (kahit obvious naman na wala ng ibang position for you) and they can decide to put you on floating status without any salary for up to 6 months???

4Redundancy Rights Empty Re: Redundancy Rights Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:43 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes, iam sure. Yes it is the law. kasi ang redundancy at kelangan i-file ng employer sa DOLE. If hindi sila nag file hindi ka magiging redundant. You may be entitled for separation pay pag ni terminate ka nila, pero if ikaw ang magterminate ng employer - employee relationship wala kang makukuha.

You can ask DOLE to ease your mind of your concerns. Maybe they can advise you on what to do

5Redundancy Rights Empty Re: Redundancy Rights Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Yoong

Arresto Menor

Thanks lukekyle for answering my concerns. Baka pwede mo ishare sakin kung saan nakalagay na article yun 6 months na floating as you mentioned na it is the law? Thanks again =)

6Redundancy Rights Empty Re: Redundancy Rights Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:55 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

article 286

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum