Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit Card - Clearance from being Blacklisted

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yssabella

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I had a credit card from a certain bank years ago and as far as I could remember, when the third-party credit card collector called me to settle my dues, I did as I was told and I even informed them that I will close my account. After I paid for it, I waited almost a month to call the bank requesting for an account closure. They told me that I still have pending dues and that someone from collecting agency will call me about it. I even asked them how to clear my name since I already paid all, they just told me to wait for a call from that agency. I did wait but months passed and haven't received any calls. So I did call back the bank telling them about my issue but I got the same response. To cut it short, I was so pissed off about it and time passed by I forgot about it. It only came back to my attention because when I applied a new credit card account to a different bank, I was declined with no explanation. I tried again to apply to another bank and same thing happened. One of the reasons why I applied for a new credit card is to set up auto-pay for my post paid cellphone line. I find it very inconvenient to go to the payment center to pay my bills every month for 4 years. Please, help me on what to do regarding this almost 9-year old issue. I really appreciate your assistance.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

even if you did clear up your debt, it does not mean that your financial record was wiped cleaned.

Yssabella

Arresto Menor

How to make sure that my financial record was cleared?

mocho

Arresto Menor

Hi atty,

2yrs ago umuwe ako ng pinas for my annual leave from Qatar but unfortunately my company did not allow me to comeback dahil patapos na ang project nmin and may naiwan akong unpaid credit card around 4K Qatar Rial, then nito lang mga nakaraan araw ipinatanong ko sa ksamahan ko na ndun sa Qatar kung nkaredMARK nba ako ang sv daw ng bank hindi pa nman. now im planning to apply permanent resident visa in Canada but one of the requiements are police clearance from Qatar. Is there any chance na wla ba ako criminal record sa Qatar police kpag kumuha ako ng police clearance? and I check my visa status and it was cancelled already....

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

@Yssabella
there is no way to do that. you can only check if your debt has been cleared but you cannot check your credit score.
However, some say that after several years (10 years and above) your bad credit record will disappear but there is no concrete evidence for this so take it with a grain of salt.

@mocho
nominate a representative to handle your affairs in Qatar. it is possible na wala kang criminal case kung di pa nagsampa yung pinagkakautangan mo. you can ask your rep to request for the police clearance. kung di ka maissuehan dahil sa loan mo na di pa bayad, have your rep coordinate with the bank at settle your obligations. once bayad ka na, humingi ka ng clearance from the bank.

mocho

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Thank you po sa reply nyo, that's what were thinking now na to get a police clearance first, since my friend already asked the bank if they put me in the REDMARK but bank said still didn't make. But one of their representative said there's a possibility to put me in the REDMARK (meaning they will banned me in all GCC Bank and cannot able open an account or apply any credit card) if I'm cannot able to pay my unpaid credit card. I was thinking also maybe bank will not file a case since the amount are to small.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

hindi ka ba pumirma ng blank na cheque nung inapply ka ng card? common practice kasi to sa GCC as security cheque.

anyway, tama yan na unahin nyo muna mag request ng police clearance.

mocho

Arresto Menor

Wla po ako pinirmahan any blank cheque, ang pagkakatanda ko lang para application form lang ang fillup ko. How about without final exit is not consider criminal case? But i checked in moi online my visa cancelled already. Usually in gcc you if you want leave the country as for good the company will issue exit clearance and you have to show it to qatar immigration officer. Bit in my case i don't have kasi nga ang employer ko naman ang hindi nagpabalik sakin.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

as far as i know hindi criminal case ang pagabscond (worst case na pwede gawin ng employer against you para macancel visa mo kahit wala ka na dun). ang issue lang ay black listed ka na sa Qatar.

kung wala ka naman blank cheque sa kanila, most probably wala ka nga criminal case. civil case siguro for collection pero sa pagkaka alam ko hindi involve ang pulis sa civil case.

mocho

Arresto Menor

noted, but I'm sure di naman ako iblacklist ng company ko kasi mostly ang mga empleyado nila ay mga Pilipino and diba may certain year lang naman ang kpag banned ka sa isang gcc country? anyway wala nman na ako plan bumalik ng gcc basta hopefully makakuha ako ng police clearance and to continue my application in Canada.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum