Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?

+2
mikos23
Xyliarein
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:40 am

Xyliarein

Arresto Menor

Hello po, just want to ask po what if our HR doesn't gave me a COE?

I already gave my resignation letter to my manager last Sept. 7, 2017. And its effectivity po is Sept. 30.
But my manager refused to accept my resignation letter. So what I did is diniretso ko na po sa HR yung resignation ko po.
Ang reason po kasi ng manager ko kaya ayaw nyang iapproved is because magkakaron daw sila ng problema kung aalis ako at need daw muna nila ng replacement ko bago ako umalis.
Kaya nagsearch ako ng kung ano anong law about sa resignation. At nalaman ko nga po na it is the right of the employee to resign if she thinks that personal problems will affect her work.

Ang gagawin ko po, di na ko papasok on Oct. Because sakin, wala naman po ako pagkukulang. At magtuturn over naman ako ng maayos.
But what if po, binaliktad nila ako like kunwari a memo na sinasabi na 'abandonment of work'?
At what if po if hindi ako bigyan ng HR ng COE?
Ano pong dapat kong gawin?

2What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

If you resign and render 30 days notice, there is no abandonment of work. Just make sure that you have a copy of your resignation letter with the date that they had received it.

Employers are required to give CoE to employees. If they don't give you one, go to DOLE.

3What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:58 am

Xyliarein

Arresto Menor

thank you very much.
But may I ask, what do you mean by 30 days?
Is it 30 working days or 30 regular days including sundays?

4What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Just count 30 days from date submitted, this includes restdays and holidays

5What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:10 am

Xyliarein

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much Smile

6What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:04 pm

emovylet

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My girlfriend's previous employer always says that they will be sending the COE via email and this has been going on for the past couple of months.

The first time that we went the company was way back March or April and until now, we still haven't received any email from them.

They also advised us to try to send an email to their corporate email address so that they may reply to it, however, we still haven't received any response from it.

7What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:43 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

emovylet wrote:Hi,

My girlfriend's previous employer always says that they will be sending the COE via email and this has been going on for the past couple of months.

The first time that we went the company was way back March or April and until now, we still haven't received any email from them.

They also advised us to try to send an email to their corporate email address so that they may reply to it, however, we still haven't received any response from it.

What's your point/question?

8What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 pm

emovylet

Arresto Menor

I guess my questions is, what can we do to get that COE? If we need to file a lawsuit, what can it be?

9What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

lawsuit = court. are you willing to waste time money to get a piece of paper?

just approach DOLE and state your concern.

10What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:55 am

emovylet

Arresto Menor

Okay, DOLE it is. However, do I need to present anything though? I mean, I know that this isn't the first time that they have done this to an ex-employee.

11What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

Better to bring copy of your e-mail message requesting for COE so the DOLE will know that you indeed made a request since months ago.

12What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:01 pm

emovylet

Arresto Menor

Should I like send a snail mail requesting for a copy of the COE as well? To serve as proof? I was actually thinking of sending a snail mail, sending constant emails, and going there personally and asking them to sign a request letter for the COE, so that when they still can't provide the document, I'll go directly to DOLE?

Or is there an easier way to do this?

13What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 pm

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

Yes, sending a snail mail is better so that you'll have proof. send it thru registered mail with return card, so you'll have immediate proof of their receipt

14What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:52 am

Zeunna

Arresto Menor

Hi. My previous company doesnt give me a clearance because they waiting for letter pending penalty from bsp because of the amended report that we submitted. Now that i am already resigned for about almost 3 months from june 28 to sept 28. Do i have the right to get my clearance? And i didnt signed any contract that i have to pay the said amended report?

15What if HR doesn't gave me a COE?  Empty Re: What if HR doesn't gave me a COE? Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:53 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Zeunna,

Clearance is a piece of paper that is passed around the departments to list down if you have accountability or not. Is this what you are asking for? if it is, yes you have the right to get your clearance so that it can be processed and you can get your final pay.

Btw, in the future, please create a new topic instead of adding your query in an existing topic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum