Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Permit, No Exam in Private Schools

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Permit, No Exam in Private Schools Empty No Permit, No Exam in Private Schools Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:54 pm

majoycalsado

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir/Madam:

I would like to ask if it is now possible to complain private schools implementing no permit, no exam policy.

I've read this NO PERMIT, NO EXAM ACT OF 2017 Filed on August 1, 2017, by Pacquiao, Emmanuel "Manny" D.

My son is studying in Private School and their examination week was August 7 to 11. I haven't settled yet the tuition fee for the month of August (1995) and its deadline was August 5 plus other fees like locker 1500 and intrams t-shirt 380. So, the total amount I haven't settled yet is Php 3875. Then, there's a penalty of Php 150 for late payment.

Last August 8, I sent a letter requesting for permission to let my son take an exam and I said to the letter may that letter be served as a promissory note. I made a payment of Php 500 only because that is what I only have. I indicated on the letter that I will settle all the remaining balance any day of the following week because that week my husband and I going to have our salary. But STILL, they did not let my son take an exam. They just let my son stay in the library while his classmates are taking an exam.

It is a hurtful feeling because before (before the change of management) whenever we had delayed salaries, we just sent a promissory note and minimum amount of Php500 and they would let my son take an exam. This time, they were so strict to think that my balance is just for 1 month and I'm also willing to pay the late penalty.

I felt that this school is so strict implementing this policy and no longer concern on their students but on the tuition fee.

I would like to ask if there's a necessary action to be taken in this kind of situation. If there is, can you guide on how to? I'm going to settle the amount by next week but I want to report this to the DepEd to stop this policy. Do you think I have a point? Do you think DepEd will act on it? Do you think they will be penalized?

Please advise me. I will appreciate it. Thank you.

Best regards,

majoycalsado

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

this is not yet a law so the school cannot be held liable.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum