Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Permit No Exam Policy In Schools

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Permit No Exam Policy In Schools Empty No Permit No Exam Policy In Schools Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:42 am

scared_and_scarred_mommy

Arresto Menor

Hello good morning!

I would like to seek assistance or clarification in the No Permit No Exam Policy in schools. My child's christian school suddenly posted a no permit, no exam policy just last week. We still have not settled our accounts yet due to unavailability of funds, while still having the confidence of being able to settle soon due the fact that the 13th month bonus is just around the corner.

Without giving us ample time to look for a solution, this policy was imposed. Exams date is today and when I was about to leave my 6 year old first grader in school, the teacher approached us saying that my child cannot get inside for we have no permit. I tried to explain, but was told that the kid has to stay in the library or the faculty until after the account is settled. I tried going to the directors office (who was the only decision maker) to explain, but was told that he was not yet around. I was also told by another parent also that he arrived early and left soon, to avoid being contacted by parents.

When we decided to just go home, we saw a long line of parents in the accounting office. Aside from a number of high school and elementary children in the library, we also saw a number young children just running around the school, some groups sitting in the floor outside the classrooms, and some students quietly hiding in the stairs, - we took pictures by the way. This is all because they were not allowed to enter their classrooms and take the exam.

I know it is our obligation to settle accounts, and we will surely do that. I have never had problems in my kids tuition in this same school last year, and will of course make sure to settle it all before the finals. How can she move to the next grade level if I don't do just that?

But what happened today is not only humiliating and embarrassing to my kid who kept asking why she cannot take the exam, but to the other students as well who were older and have better understanding of what is happening.

We would like to file a formal complaint to DepEd or any organization or government sector that can help us. Would there be somewhere else also that we can reach for help and rectification of what this school has done? Would there be any passed law on this?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Regards,

scared_and_scarred_mommy

2No Permit No Exam Policy In Schools Empty Re: No Permit No Exam Policy In Schools Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:00 am

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Hello,

Both CHED and DepEd have memoranda in regard to this. However, the law is still pending (House Bill 3405).

You may complain with DepEd. There are no sanctions imposed on the school at this time though.

What is best is that if you cannot pay for the fees yet, talk to the school administrator and propose a payment schedule. There usually are schedules for this, and penalties for late payment. Or try looking for another school next school year that is more flexible.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum