Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warrantless search

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Warrantless search Empty Warrantless search Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:03 am

alfred311

Arresto Menor

I work in an LGU, after parking the guard approach me and told me they are conducting random search of the vehicle, i asked why and told me it is just random and just making sure no government properties inside the vehicle, the guards told me that if i dont have anything to hide to just do it and get it over with, other cars have already been searched and everything goes smoothly.

I asked them if the director and the hr knows about this and told me that everything is aboveboard. I told them they can search the vehicle as long as they can show me a search warrant from the court, and with a sheriff beside them. Then they suddenly change tone, said some words and leave me alone.

I immediately proceeded to the HR and told them about the incident. The hr told me that it is just voluntary and no need to make a scene or make things big.

My question is, is the admin right in doing this? Can i file complaint against them? And what is my legal remedy to prevent this from happening again. Ty

2Warrantless search Empty Re: Warrantless search Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

They can not search the vehicle without any search warrant.  They can only do visual inspection, like opening the trunk for security purposes.

3Warrantless search Empty Re: Warrantless search Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Moving forward, better post your concern in the correct thread. Your concern has nothing to do with Labor and Employment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum