Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phishing Victim to appeal from bank charges

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AMUR

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,
I Need your help, can I still appeal to the bank to reverse my disputed transactions even after they sent me a letter that I am still liable for the said transactions?
I was able to report to the bank re my situation once I received an sms from fraud dept that my card was used from the suspicious said transactions and put a hold on my credit card. My case was a confirmed phishing , all important info was obtained bec I filled up all the blanks, I was really caught off guard and thought every thing was legit, I also thought that it was an extra measure bec it was during the time that the bank system was hacked. All transactions were made online on June 8. I followed the normal procedure to dispute transactions etc. After 1.5 months the bank sent me a letter that I am still liable because it was properly authenticated using an OTP sent to my email. Ofcourse this have been done bec my info was compromise but I think further investigation could have been done like did they check the delivery address where the items/goods have been delivered. Were they able to obtain the IP of the scammers.. I've been a good payer of this credit card for the past 3-4 years and I was wondering if I can still appeal to waive the charges. I won't tolerate this kind of acts and pay for those scammers, I just dont like to have a bad credit history. Hope you can enlighten me in my situation. Thank you very much!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum