Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do I need the father's consent to get the kids out of the country?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

amaraluna

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm not legally married to the father of my kids. We already went separate ways since year 2010. I haven't seen him nor talked to him since 2010. Last time we saw each other was the time I made him sign the financial agreement at Makati city Hall which he did not follow at all. Now I found someone who I want to get married legally but he is an American. I want to bring my kids with me. My kids ages, 14, 11 and 8 years old. Do I need his consent to get them a passport? And what documents do I need?

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You don't need the consent of the biological father to travel with the children, since they are illegitimate, and you as their mother have SOLE custody.

Has your fiance considered adopting your children?

amaraluna

Arresto Menor

My fiance wants that decision made by the kids if they want to carry his name. So even though on the birth certificate of the kids has their biological father's name written, I dont need his signature?

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

amaraluna wrote:My fiance wants that decision made by the kids if they want to carry his name. So even though on the birth certificate of the kids has their biological father's name written, I dont need his signature?

Your question is very vague. Signature on what?

guest_4775

Arresto Menor

Jadis wrote:You don't need the consent of the biological father to travel with the children, since they are illegitimate, and you as their mother have SOLE custody.

Has your fiance considered adopting your children?

I am still married to my Filipina wife and she has lived by this SOLE custody law in the Philippines and has denied me access to my children.

What rights do foreign father have to co-parent his children and let the kids have both parents in their life?

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You have rights to visitation. If you are deprived then you could go to court.

guest_4775

Arresto Menor

Jadis wrote:You have rights to visitation. If you are deprived then you could go to court.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I should have clarified.

By access, I mean having visitation with my kids in my country meeting their grand parents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. Not me flying to the Philippines and seeing them once or twice a year.

Also, I am looking for Co-Parenting arrangement and the mother is sticking by this SOLE custody law in the Philippines. Are there lawyers that fight for children's rights to have access to both parents?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum