Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

A case of Theif, harrassment and threat in Mindanao.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

danggitluther

Arresto Menor

Hello,please we need help for a case that happened 11 years ago and now is haunting my son's life. My son who is currently in the Philippines particularly in Mindanao has been harassed by one of the residence there accusing him of stealing their bicycle which happened 11 years ago. According to him he has some witnesses who saw my son took their bike in the middle of the night and that witness by now is already dead. and the other two witnesses became a witness thru hearsay like" he said she said." At that time my son wasn't in their vicinity when that happened but they rely on the hearsay of the neighbor's testimony. Many years passed by and we have been going home several times and spent sometimes with the rural folks and been physically present giving gifts and having fun with our relatives but nobody ever mentioned anything about that incident to us. Now my son is preparing for his migrating here in the US so I sent him back to Mindanao to attend to our properties before he leaves. When he had closed the deal of having someone take care of one of our properties, immediately there was a complainant demanding us to pay for the stolen bicycle that we never know of. And if we don't pay for the loss of their bike policemen will collar my son and kill him. My son went to the police station and told them his side of the story because he stands up that he did not stole anything from anybody. As we all know Mindanao is under martial law and EJK is very rampant. My son showed all his paper works and backing up his statement even showed them his Drug test with a negative result. The policemen listened intently  and was even holding on to my son's cellphone while they messaged my son of their threat using the Martial Law situation and the possible police action that is awaiting my son's predicament. They even gave me a deadline of paying them.My question is...is there a probability that they can charge my son for thief that happened 11 years ago? There was no barangay blotter nor police blotter listed against my son. NO case filed but i believe they will fight us in court. The police were very nice and professional when they dealt with my son's problem and at the end they send my son back to our place with no police record but filing his statement just in case it would be needed.. Yet these people involved with harassment and extortion wouldn't stop and threatened my son again not to go home to our place otherwise the police will get him for a shoot to kill. I fear of the EJK, there will be somebody to do it in disguise as policemen. If my son will leave..he will be presumed guilty and if he stays his life is in danger. Police told him not to pay any single centavo yet those complainant said it's only 5k in exchange for his peace. They even threatened my cousin who is helping my son. Calling my son a thief is very libeling damaging to his name. Please help. I appreciate if someone could give me proper advise and guidance.Thank you. Sorry for the long post.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

since you have already approached the police, they have already advised you clearly on what to do. you can tell them (the accusers) that they can proceed filling their case and you can talk about the case during mediation.

3A case of Theif, harrassment and threat in Mindanao. Empty Case resolved Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:45 pm

danggitluther

Arresto Menor

Sorry for the delayed response. My son's case was resolved and the policemen who handled the case was very professional and non bias. End of story...the case was reverse . We are now the aggrieved party and the police are waiting for us to file an extortion case against them. It was very clear that they made up the story so they could squeeze money from us. Further investigation thru the barangay..it was initiated by my nephew who was in deep financial needs alongside my cousin whom i entrusted to stay in our house. She felt uncomfortable with my son's presence hence the fabricated story. She wanted him to go back to manila. It was also very clear that they were planning to landgrab our property but my son's presence made them very uncomfortable. We decided to put aside our complaints for the sake of our relation, but we filed a police blotter just in case something might happen again. Thank you for your time responding back to me. I really appreciate it. Lastly...let me greet you a Merry merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.- from Danggit of Washington

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum