Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reducing of employee the legal way

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reducing of employee the legal way Empty Reducing of employee the legal way Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:35 pm

allhrmatters

Arresto Menor

Hello!

First of all let me thank you for providing great insights to all HR practitioners. I have some concerns and would like to ask you the best way to handle this.

We currently have 3 drivers in the company.
•  1 is assigned to transport our employees if there are external meetings
•  1 is assigned to the daughter of the owner
•  1 is assigned to the owner
All 3 drivers are under our payroll system with health insurance, leaves, and benefits just like our other employees.
Here are the changes we would like to do:
1.  Remove the 2 drivers under the company’s payroll which also means ending their employment with the company.
2.  Assign them to the owners as family drivers

Here are my questions:
1.  How do we execute it legally in the simplest way possible?
2.  What are the repercussions if there’s any?

Many thanks and look forward to getting your advise.

More power to you!

Regards,

AllHRMatters

Last edited by allhrmatters on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:39 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : more details)

2Reducing of employee the legal way Empty Re: Reducing of employee the legal way Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Redundancy, you need to pay them 1 month salary for every year of service.

3Reducing of employee the legal way Empty Reducing of employee the legal way Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:28 pm

allhrmatters

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your advise. Will redundancy still apply even if the role will technically still exist (as there will be 1 driver left after removing 2)?

4Reducing of employee the legal way Empty Re: Reducing of employee the legal way Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:34 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

as long as only 1 driver will be left, redundancy can be used. redundancy is also used when you have too many. its not necessary to remove the position all together. You need to inform both the employee affected and DOLE at least 30 days ahead.

5Reducing of employee the legal way Empty Reducing of employee the legal way Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:47 pm

allhrmatters

Arresto Menor

Sounds good, many thanks for your quick revert! Would you have any idea about the process of filing to DOLE? Are there documents needed to be accomplished?

Many thanks again!

Last edited by allhrmatters on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added question)

6Reducing of employee the legal way Empty Re: Reducing of employee the legal way Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes the monthly form that you submit re the cessation of employment of staff

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum