Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary concern

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary  concern Empty Salary concern Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 am

anradajoe

Arresto Menor

I am newly hired working as manager with 50k fix monthly salary but monthly deductions of SSS, PHIC, Pag-ibig and BIR is not yet included. But my overtime pay and holiday pay is already included in my monthly fix salary.
My question is that can I complain and demand for my overtime pay and holiday?
Your help is very much appreciated.

2Salary  concern Empty Re: Salary concern Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

nope,
first off as a managerial level employee, as per article 82 of the labor code you are not entitled to overtime pay or holiday pay.

secondly even if you were not a manager, if your contract specifies that overtime and holiday pay is already included then you cannot ask for it again. the exception here is when the salary is not high enough that including holiday pay would render it lower than minimum wage. (for example if your monthly contract is only for P11,000.00)

3Salary  concern Empty Re: Salary concern Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

just so you know, managers are also not entitled to 13th month pay.

4Salary  concern Empty Re: Salary concern Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:45 am

anradajoe

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot sir. not really a manager but I am assigned in booking system managing handling customers. still another problem about sa service incentive leave, I am still entitled to avail because it was stated on my contract that overtime pay, holiday pay and paid leaves mandatory under the Phil. law is already included on my 50k monthly salary. or paid leaves should be separate?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum