Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employee taxes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Employee taxes Empty Employee taxes Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:39 am

shirogane4017

Arresto Menor

Hello! I'd like to ask who would truly be at fault in the following situation:

- Employee is a fresh graduate with no knowledge about the requirements needed when hired.
- Employer does not inform the new employee about any requirements but the new employee is still hired and payed for nonetheless.
- Employer does not withold taxes and pay for the benefits of the new employee (sss, hdmf, phic) for the first 7months.
- 3months into the job, the new employee wonders when the employer would register the employee's sss and etc under the company. Manager replies with "whenever the boss asks for it". After 4 more months, the manager finally asks for it and the employee's salary now finally has deductions.
- Employee's accounts are registered and handled by the company's 3rd party accountant. Employee receives no paperwork or anything that needs to be signed.
- Employee is unsure if the deductions are truly contributed into their account.
- EDIT: Employee handled their SSS on the 3rd month which led them to ask when they would be registered under the company's name. They are 0only given their PHIC number.

Again, I'd like to ask who is truly at fault in this situation? And who would pay for the penalties?
Thank you so much for the help!

Last edited by shirogane4017 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

2Employee taxes Empty Re: Employee taxes Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:05 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Employee is given their sss number?

SSS is a personal thing - usually you won't get hired without it.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Employee taxes Empty Re: Employee taxes Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:11 am

shirogane4017

Arresto Menor

Ah yes, apparently the SSS was indeed handled by the employee on their 3rd month. This led them to ask when they would be registered under the company. The company still hires fresh grads regardless whether they have SSS, HDMF, PHIC or TIN.

4Employee taxes Empty Re: Employee taxes Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm

shirogane4017

Arresto Menor

bump! Still looking for opinions. Please let me know if this isn't allowed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum