Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Road to Redundiation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Road to Redundiation Empty Road to Redundiation Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:24 am

saber2k4

Arresto Menor

Good morning!

I am currently working as a Sr. Manager for a BPO company and been with them for a total of 8 years. This year, our client mandated a "Reduction in Force" as the market's response over their product was underwhelming thus leading to less calls received by our center. We have reduced more than 60 employees for the past 3 months.

A week a go, I received a notice that I will be removed from the program as well, on "floating status", by March 11, 2017 as the program is no longer capable of supporting the expense of a Sr. Manager. I was advised that there is a possibility for me to work on provincial sites.

With this, I would like to ask...

1. Legally, do i have a right to say "No" to their offer granted that the project location is inconvenient? (I am currently working on a greater manila site, received inputs that I will be deployed in Tarlac or Cebu)
2. Granted that i accept provincial deployment, do i have the right to request for additional compensation due to proximity?
3. If let's just say that I was assigned a Manager job, instead of a Sr. manager job, did my company violated any of my rights?

Maraming salamat po sa mga tutulong... Smile

2Road to Redundiation Empty Re: Road to Redundiation Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

1. Yes, that is your prerogative. Nobody is forcing you. However that is also that company prerogative to move its people.

2. You can always negotiate. Look at it from another perspective - cost of living is lower in the provincial areas. You can also negotiate for free regular travel back to manila on a regular basis.

3. A manager job/position but with your pay remaining the same - no violations. But I think this is a different matter altogether.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum