Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Same parties. Two Deed of Sale. Different dates

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jocho

Arresto Menor

Hi! Can I have an advice regarding this matter.
Facts:
We own an untitled land but we are paying tax declaration on it. Upon deciding to sell this property, we found out that it was already sold by one of our relatives without our knowledge. We also found out that there are 2 deed of sale with different dates and different witnesses and the land description is different from the lot stated.

They contend that they are paying the tax declaration of the lot in question but upon tracing the lot number, it pertains to different property.

What should we do regarding this matter?

Please help!

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

It's often a big mess who is owner to real estates, which don't have titles.
1. It can be not cleared inheritances, sometimes in more than one step. So sometimes come a third cousin or such and claim they haven't got their part of inheriance/sale, many years later..

2. SCAM risk. ANYONE can pay tax for a real estate and then use that to fool buyer they are owner WITHOUT any false document !!!

I DON'T know any much about how to solve such mess, but how to avoid it Smile =Get title. Extrajudical process can be needed first to make clear who are hiers, when it's inherited.
Actualy Titling often RAISE the value much more than it cost to do it. I know some cost only 2000- 3000p to title.
Depending of type, but some you get approved just by applying and pay the fee, IF you have had it within the family and paid tax at least 10 years. Some types demand your family have USED the land enough many years to get it.

How did you GET the land? Can you prove it?
If so you can just try to sell it anyway, because you have the tax prooves too.

What does your relative say, when you show it's other land he has paid tax for? And sold TWICE !
And what does he say about he risk prison for selling land he don't own (if he don't solve the mess) ?

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Hello,

If the lot description is different from the title number on the Deed of Sale, one would think that these are two different deeds for two different properties.

Get a geodetic engineer to plot those properties to know which one is yours and sold without your consent.  Your primary concern is the deed of sale that pertains to your property.  

Jocho wrote:Hi! Can I have an advice regarding this matter.
Facts:
We own an untitled land but we are paying tax declaration on it. Upon deciding to sell this property, we found out that it was already sold by one of our relatives without our knowledge. We also found out that there are 2 deed of sale with different dates and different witnesses and the land description is different from the lot stated.

They contend that they are paying the tax declaration of the lot in question but upon tracing the lot number, it pertains to different property.

What should we do regarding this matter?

Please help!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum