Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wedding disaster due to Caterer's unprofessional employees

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gibberishjan

Arresto Menor

Hi I need a legal advice on what we can do to our case. Our wedding was last December 9,2016 . Before the day we have arranged everything with the Hotel's banquet coordinator for last check ng lahat ng iccover nila from venue, set up, food, music equipments, projector specially sa service. Everything was good and great until the wedding day. Morning of 4am everybody was busy preparing, the night before i asked the coordinator of hotel to atleast set up the hall na but they didn't. The day of event the coordinator arrived at 9 am and the wedding is at 11am so late din nag set up ng hall for the event. Before the ceremony sa church my coordinator already asked 2x the hotel and their coordinator to bring all the items needed sa reception sa hall. I also asked for the same thing to them before heading out to church for the ceremony. After cerrmony at church we received a call from the mom of my husband to hurry up to go back sa reception the people are leaving already kasi pinakain na sila. Di pa nakakarating kami newly weds nauna na sila s program nmin then walang VIP table wlang snacks as appetizer as we have agreed before paying them in full. We have a trio to perform but di sila pinagamit ng amplifier so useless din. Pagpasok nmin sa hall nilangaw na wedding nmin dahil most of the guests left already.
In short di na natupad ung program namin and panay damage control nalang ang nangyari. No where to be found ang coordinator nila. Di nila inassist kami to bring all our items from the room to the reception. Everything was a waste. The wines, decorations di nagamit dahil andami nila reason na di nababa ung mga gamit when my husband actually asked for duplicate keycard for the coordinator para may access sa mga gamit anytime ,that they did not give.
To top everything up they're after sales was totally disappointing. We have agreed that we will take our plated meal after the event. The event ended at 4pm we have to literally beg for us to be served our meals several times. 7pm pa kami nakakain and it's not even plated we have been given take aways from the buffet in plasticwares we have to ask for plates and utensils numerous times in separate times pa down to drinks . Sobrang stressful and heart breaking that we have to put up with their unprofessional service personnel on our wedding day. They did not just ruined a memorable moment of our life but they also wasted our money. Is there a way to help us refund expenses?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

What happened to your wedding was truly unfortunate, and no one deserves to have their special day ruined like what you have mentioned.

Did you sign a contract with the caterer? Are there any provisions in the said contract regarding damages and breach of contract?

The caterer can be sued for breach of contract. Have a lawyer assist you in your claims against the caterer, since you can be entitled for damages as well for what happened in your wedding.

If finances are an issue, the Public Attorney's Office (PAO) can offer you free legal advice regarding your matter. Their office can be found in a city or municipal hall, usually.

However, please try to talk with the caterer first since an amicable settlement can possibly be reached without resorting to any kind of court procedure first.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum