Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

subject to non-compete contract

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1subject to non-compete contract Empty subject to non-compete contract Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:02 pm

fruitninja

Arresto Menor

Hi, I have question in line with my employment contract.

I work on an outsourcing company (companyA) that basically hire employees to individually work with their clients (client1). It's simply put as client1 hired companyA to hire someone to work for them - so client1 is paying companyA with a cut to pay my salary.

Unfortunately, client1 that I handled before ended their contract to companyA because they faced a problem with their supplier and so, they cannot afford to spend more money.

Now, client1 already fixed their problem and went back to business. I'm still working with companyA for another client (client2). But since client1 liked how I work, they want to get me back on their business - even offered me to just work with them after my working hours with companyA for client2, so I won't be working on both clients at the same hours.

The problem... companyA said I can't work for client1 because I will be breaching the non compete on my contract with them.

Is there any possible way I can accept clien1's offer while working for companyA? Because I was thinking, if client1 is already not on a contract with them, why are they going to sue me? In the first place, working for client1 will be done in my personal time, out of my working hours with companyA for client2.

2subject to non-compete contract Empty Re: subject to non-compete contract Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:32 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

unfortunately if your employment contract has a non compete clause you cant work for client 1. even if you resign there is usually a "cooling off" period

3subject to non-compete contract Empty Re: subject to non-compete contract Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:11 am

fruitninja

Arresto Menor

even if client1 is not a direct competitor?

4subject to non-compete contract Empty Re: subject to non-compete contract Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:10 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Look at the wording of your contract, it will probably state that the non compete clause refers to clients/ former clients. That clause is usually written to prevent former clients from poaching the company's staff.

Furthermore even if it does not effect the non compete clause it may be considered conflict of interest bec client1 is a former client of your employer.

5subject to non-compete contract Empty Re: subject to non-compete contract Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:31 am

fruitninja

Arresto Menor

I see. So if ever client1 wants to employ me again, they should talk to companyA and make a new contract to employ me under client1?

6subject to non-compete contract Empty Re: subject to non-compete contract Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes that would be the best scenario

7subject to non-compete contract Empty Re: subject to non-compete contract Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:11 am

fruitninja

Arresto Menor

Alright. Thank you sir. I'll just let them know this.

8subject to non-compete contract Empty Re: subject to non-compete contract Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:39 pm

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Try reading this. I hope it helps you just in case your contract contains other restrictive provisions aside from the non-compete clause. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/must-employment-contracts-hiring-process

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum