Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Validity of mortgage agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Validity of mortgage agreement Empty Validity of mortgage agreement Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:15 pm

gevalove

Arresto Menor

My late uncle borrowed a sum of money to his cousin, who was leaving in US, in year 2000. A mortgage agreement was formed using the borrower's property where his house is erected. The mother of the lender, who was also the aunt by blood of the borrower, was the negotiator between the two parties. The agreement has only one signatory, the borrower's signature. The lender's signature wasn't in the agreement. In year 2003, the borrower wrote to his sister indicating he already paid the money he borrowed in the form of a titled property(other property of the borrower) with a value of more than the sum of the money he borrowed. But the title of the paid mortgaged property is still in the possession of the lender's mother( borrower's aunt) to keep it safe and avoid mortgaging again to other in the future. The lender died in year 2004. The negotiator died in year 2009. The borrower died in year 2015. But as soon as the borrower death, the mortgage agreement reappear and according to the siblings of the lender the agreement still exist. They(lender's siblings) filed the mortgage agreement in the Register of Deeds three(3) months after the borrower"s death(15 years after the mortgage) with the help of their representatives who's working as a government employees because all of the siblings and family are living and are citizens of US. THEY are already filing for a foreclosure proceedings. The successor of the borrower(the sister) was not been notified of all the actions made by the lender's siblings. The borrower's successor known all of these just last month. She want to keep the property as her brother's will. What should she do with the letter to prove the words of her late brother to redeem the title of the property? Please share some helpful advise. Thank you.

2Validity of mortgage agreement Empty Re: Validity of mortgage agreement Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Well. Impossible to know what's true. Some odd things:
/IF the loan was paid back, why was the title not returned back then...?
/BUT it's odd the Foreclosure started so hasty and AFTER instead of before any involved was still alive...

I don't know if there are any DEADLINE TIME in the Philippines for demands. In my home country demands are LOST if not demanding pay or reminding (ptovable) within 10 years (=so by reminding in time it's possible to get pay for depts elder than 10 years.)
I hope someone else here can tell that. Otherwice ask PAO or a lawyer if that can be a solution.
Anyway tell the Foreclosure procedure IN TIME in writing you disagree and why.

3Validity of mortgage agreement Empty Re: Validity of mortgage agreement Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:35 am

gevalove

Arresto Menor

There is NO time duration included in the agreement

4Validity of mortgage agreement Empty Re: Validity of mortgage agreement Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

gevalove wrote:There is NO time duration included in the agreement
I ment I don't know if it's any general expire date in the Philippines. In my home country it's 10 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum