Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

legal advice

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1legal advice Empty legal advice Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:33 am

theb

Arresto Menor

We have an employee who was arrested due to "allegedly he was a pusher" but his case is none bailable.  Do I charge him with serious misconduct? or for AWOL and eventually abandonment?  We would like to  give him due process for this.

2legal advice Empty Re: legal advice Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:39 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Unless he was selling drugs during company hours his case wouldn't fall under serious misconduct

3legal advice Empty Re: legal advice Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:03 am

tatan1712

tatan1712
Arresto Mayor

take note of the elements abandonment:

Abandonment is the deliberate and unjustified refusal of an employee to resume his employment.27 To constitute abandonment of work, two elements must concur: (1) the employee must have failed to report for work or must have been absent without valid or justifiable reason; and (2) there must have been a clear intention on the part of the employee to sever the employer-employee relationship manifested by some overt act.28 The employer bears the burden of proof to show the deliberate and unjustified refusal of the employee to resume his employment without any intention of returning.29

4legal advice Empty Re: legal advice Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 am

theb

Arresto Menor

Then if I were to give him due process under where and what can he be filed, he is still currently in jail. For cases such as this, how can we ask him since he has not been reporting since Dec 1?

5legal advice Empty Re: legal advice Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:21 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

LOOK. For any act or inaction of an employee which does NOT involve/affect the company, its officers an/or employees, the company (including you) CANNOT do anything about it.

For this case, you CANNOT do anything but to keep quiet. How can you say that you will give him due process when due process is NOT warranted in the first place?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum