Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mother's maiden name

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mother's maiden name Empty Mother's maiden name Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

phaul26

Arresto Menor

Hi! I hope your well. I just want to know the pros and cons for my child if she's going to use my surname instead of her father's. Her father and I are not married.

Does she need to use a middle name if she's already using my surname?

Will my child's birth certificate be enough to demand child support even if my child is carrying my name?

And if I get married in the future, will there be a problem in changing her surname to my husband's?

What will be the best course of action?

Thank you. ^^,

2Mother's maiden name Empty Re: Mother's maiden name Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 pm

attyLLL

most of the answers can be found here: http://www.pinoylawyer.org/t3311-unmarried-mother#12265

the last one re after marriage, there will be no problem if the father will be your husband. that is called legitmization

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Mother's maiden name Empty Re: Mother's maiden name Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:11 am

myheidz09

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I just heard from a friend yesterday that there is a free legal advice forum over the internet. I can relate with the situation mentioned above.

Two months ago December 2010, I went to our town parish to inquire for my son’s baptism. The parish official noticed that I wrote down my son’s Full Name "with" my Middle Name on it.

Later on she asked me about the father and I was obliged to tell the truth that we are not married and my son was registered in my name.

I found out then that if the child is using the Mother’s Surname, there should be no Middle Name to put on.

But the midwife (the one who prepared the birth certificate) put my Middle Name on my son’s. And the certificate was received at civil registrar office last year January 2010.

I’m afraid it was already forwarded to the NSO main office.

I want to fix it as soon as possible so he would not have any problem with other documents that he will be using in the future.

What should I do? Thank you very much.

4Mother's maiden name Empty Re: Mother's maiden name Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:23 am

attyLLL

it's not proper, but not illegal. if you really wish to correct the records, you will have to file a petition in court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum