Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer refuse to pay my overtime

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Employer refuse to pay my overtime Empty Employer refuse to pay my overtime Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Rinnie

Rinnie
Arresto Menor

Just this month, my employer informed us that the company will shut down as soon as the project we're working on is finish. I was spending like 12 hours everyday working because boss wants to finish things faster. I got sick on working over time and asked my boss if she can pay my overtime since its affecting my health and its not right to always force us to work beyond 10 hours. She replied that my co-worker is also working over time. I get what she meant and treated it as a "no". I've been in the company for more than a year and that time i got sick, they didn't pay too.

What should I do? I feel that my 13th month pay as well as my bonus will not be given too. How can I resolve this without going through legal action?

2Employer refuse to pay my overtime Empty Re: Employer refuse to pay my overtime Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:25 pm

johnlocke1290

Arresto Mayor

I feel that my 13th month pay as well as my bonus will not be given too wrote:

They cannot hold your 13th month pay as it is prescribed by law. As for your bonus, it is considered a benefit so it is up to the company's prerogative.

What is stipulated in your contract? I heard some companies do not pay OT unless they have rendered at least 3hrs of OT work, but as per law they have to pay OT for more than 8hrs (9hrs counting unpaid and unworked lunch break) of work.

You also have to consider your schedule, is your shift a 10hrs/day, 4 days/week schedule?

3Employer refuse to pay my overtime Empty Re: Employer refuse to pay my overtime Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:44 am

Rinnie

Rinnie
Arresto Menor

My work is from 9am to 6pm only but lately, I've been going home at 9pm and even 10pm.
My work is officially 5 days a week.

Ever since I asked for OT pay, my boss has been treated me badly as if asking for the OT pay is a sin. I don't want to end up with bad relationship to my employer so I don't want to do a legal action that would destroy the relationship.

I don't really like how things are going now. I wonder if it is okay to refuse to work overtime and tell my employer I would just work overtime if they pay it. This kinda sound arrogant but I'm at my limit now. Working overtime eats up my relax time. I really don't know what to do.

4Employer refuse to pay my overtime Empty Re: Employer refuse to pay my overtime Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:06 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

are they requiring you to work overtime? orare you working past your normal work hours to finsih your task? the problem is you may have been performing unauthorized overtime

5Employer refuse to pay my overtime Empty Re: Employer refuse to pay my overtime Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:40 am

wtan75

Arresto Menor

Rinnie wrote:Just this month, my employer informed us that the company will shut down as soon as the project we're working on is finish. I was spending like 12 hours everyday working because boss wants to finish things faster. I got sick on working over time and asked my boss if she can pay my overtime since its affecting my health and its not right to always force us to work beyond 10 hours. She replied that my co-worker is also working over time. I get what she meant and treated it as a "no". I've been in the company for more than a year and that time i got sick, they didn't pay too.

What should I do? I feel that my 13th month pay as well as my bonus will not be given too. How can I resolve this without going through legal action?

Did they ask you to go overtime or you decided by yourself to go overtime because of the load of work given to you?

If they asked you to go overtime then they need to pay you.

6Employer refuse to pay my overtime Empty Re: Employer refuse to pay my overtime Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:27 pm

Rinnie

Rinnie
Arresto Menor

They asked me to work overtime. And also, whenever I say goodbye at pass 6pm, they get mad as if going home at the right time is a sin too. I swear to God that I never slacked off even a minute, I even sacrifice lunch break. I even go to work as early as 8am so I can go home at 6pm.

It was all authorized overtime but they won't pay. They ask me things to do after 6pm and pass it within the day. When I asked them about my OT pay my boss just say "yung katrabaho mo nga nag oovertime din eh" which ang take ko is ayaw nila ko bayaran because for free ginagawa ng katrabaho ko yung overtime. As per my contract, it is said there na after 2 hours of OT, it is paid. So when I go out at 9pm or beyond, it should be paid.

I'm just sad that when I got sick too for working too much overtime, they even slashed it on my salary. It should be a sick leave.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum