Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Government Land" sold to unsuspecting buyers.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

paltik

Arresto Menor

Our parents brought a residential lot from the government years ago, title was issued in their name after the usual procedures. They erected a house, lived there, and paid the yearly tax due to the government for said piece of land.

Problem arose when someone claim ownership of the whole subdivision where said residential lot was situated.

Is the government free of any liability on said transaction? What corrective measure it can do? Aren't we entitled to something from the government?

We need advice. Thank you.

attyLLL

its the other way around, it should be the supposed owner who will claim from the government, not you. you have titles to the property which was distributed by no less than the government. stand firm to your right over the property.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

paltik

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your time replying.

Case for said land question were now filed in court, the supposed owner's claim now is that the law (presidential decree) that paved way for the sale of said land were found unconstitional by the Supreme Court; does said decision made our titles null and void?

attyLLL

it may, but this is not a very simple question. if there is a case in court,then this question is better directed to the lawyers.

there is a principle called 'operative fact', which means that a law is valid before it is declared unconstitutional.

i recommend you also review the supposed supreme court decision which invalidated the law.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum