Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PREV HOUSE OWNER REFUSE TO LEAVE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PREV HOUSE OWNER REFUSE TO LEAVE Empty PREV HOUSE OWNER REFUSE TO LEAVE Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:37 pm

melaniedy19

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I just want to ask for legal advice. In January 2016, PAGIBIG posted a public bidding for all acquired assets. I found a property in Cavite and visited it. From PGIBIG's list, the house was UNOCCUPIED. When we checked the house, it was locked so I assume that nobody lives there anymore. I won on the public bidding of a PAGIBIG property in Feb 2016 and paid the reservation and processing fee. I filed for housing loan for this property in March and waited for the approval. After a few months we found out that there are still people residing in the house but they are hiding. everytime we try to talk to them, they wont go out of the house. even the neighbors confirmed that there are still people living there but wont really go out especially if there are people who wnts to see the house. I even try to approach the president of the Homeowners but I didnt get any help. I am out of the country because im an OFW but will be home by the end of Sep. My housing loan was finally approved and got the papers in August. And I was able to get contact of the owner of the house thru Facebook and ask her if her family can move because we are also renting for a long time, and now that my housing loan is approved I think legally we can move already. But this owner is out of the country as well and the people living in cavite is his brother and a son. And they still refuse to leave.

Do they still have the right to stay there even if PAGIBIG already awarded the house to me?
What legal actions should i take?

please help. thank you

2PREV HOUSE OWNER REFUSE TO LEAVE Empty Re: PREV HOUSE OWNER REFUSE TO LEAVE Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:35 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"Do they still have the right to stay there even if PAGIBIG already awarded the house to me? "
No, they lost that right, when Pag-Ibig Foreclosed the property.

"What legal actions should i take? "
Go to the local Barangay Captain. He is suppoused to solve such. He can ask Police for assistance.

"From PGIBIG's list, the house was UNOCCUPIED."
It's a rather common problem to get people to leave Foreclosed properties. Beccause seller told that. you have some chance to get some compencation.
But I suippouse they did hide from Pag-Ibig too as they have done from you. But didn't you get key when you paid??

NOTE! The old owner of Forclosed properties have right to kind of "buy back" within a year counted from you bought it for a "static" price an institution decide related to the dept and some fees.
So don't make any expensive improvements within that time.
Except change lock Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum