Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name Problem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Name Problem Empty Name Problem Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:32 pm

fergie

fergie
Arresto Menor

Attorney, can you please give us some advice.

My husband is using a different name from that of his registered birth certificate. What happened was his father died when he was only a year old. After 5 years, his mom remarried. Now when he started schooling, his mom and stepfather made him use a totally different name, first name and surname were changed to follow the stepfather's name, birth year was adjusted, birth place was different and his mother's name also spelled in a different way. In short, they simulated the birth to look as if he was a son of the stepfather, if that's the correct term. The thing is he was never registered under that name but he has been using that name eversince. His mom is dead now, and his stepfather left them when his mom died.

All of his government ID's, school records and employment records follow that of the stepfather's name and contains all the changed information stated above. But now that he's applying for a passport, it's getting so complicated.

What's the best thing to do? Please help us. If he transfers all of his credentials (school records, government ID's and employment records) to the REAL (ORIGINAL) NAME, would an affidavit justify everything?

2Name Problem Empty Re: Name Problem Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:04 pm

attyLLL

i would recommend using the name on the birth certificate. otherwise he will have to file a court case to have the name changed. it may be approved by the court but it will entail hiring a lawyer.

it may be easier to just try to change the other docus.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Name Problem Empty Re: Name Problem Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:10 pm

fergie

fergie
Arresto Menor

will the affidavit be enough po, attorney, para sa mga government documents niya? hindi po kaya i-question ng mga government agencies natin yung differences sa names niya? thanks po.

4Name Problem Empty Re: Name Problem Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm

attyLLL

you will have to ask the government agencies if they will accept it. but most will be willing to change to the proper name.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum