Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

assault on senior citizen/ cyber bullying case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

allypiezra

Arresto Menor

Hello po,

I would like to seek help regarding my father's case. He is 63 yrs old and was beaten by a 22 y/o professional boxer ( for trying to help stop a sparring bout of two minors organised by the prof. boxer). We were able to get a video of the CCTV footage of what happened, and posted it, it went viral as well as featured on the news.

This happened a week ago, immediately after it happened they were brought to the brgy hall and my father settled the case cause the boxer's mother begged so much, and my father did not want anymore problems ( they are almost neighbors, same barangay) We his children, when the news came to us then thought it was nothing cause our father said he was just pushed, so we didnt follow through or dig deeper. Our father did get sick and was in bed for 2 days after ( which we didnt thought that the fight caused it, he usually feels like that sometimes)

When we saw the video, it was not what we expected. As his kids we were shocked and of course angry about it.

Now what i am seeking advice are the following:

1. Can we still sure the professional boxer even if there was already a settlement with the brgy. for 1k ( that was what the parents could afford then)?

2. If we cant sue, can we at least have a case wherein his license as a boxer can be removed?

My other sister posted the video online as I have mentioned above. It went viral and now people are in rage of the boxer. They went to the brgy. and filed a blotter of cyber bully as well as harassment.

3. When my sister posted the video and was copied by media and reposted is liable? is that basis for cybe bullying? and harassment?

The other day also, the family of the boxer and himself went near where my father lived and made a scene there, shouting and saying trash to us/ or addressed to us.

4. Can we file a case against what they did? our neighbors are more than happy to stand witness to it.

Please help. We have recieve lots and lots of support from social media. But it is really different if we get an advice from someone in the field of law so we know what to do next.

P.S the cyberbullying complaint hearing is set on monday. We would appreciate your immediate response. God bless.

inserted on of the videos reposted by a media outfit

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum