Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Downpayment Refund.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Downpayment Refund. Empty Downpayment Refund. Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:51 pm

arzkenji

Arresto Menor

Hi mga Sir,

I need a legal advise po. Bumili po kami ng property and nagbabayad na kami ng downpayment (20% of the Total Price), matatapus na kami sa downpayment this end of August.

Yung remaining 80% po ipapasok po sana namin sa bank financing pero po na denied kami. The developer gave us an option na i pasok sa inhouse financing nila. But the interest is to much (25%). Hindi po namin kaya yung ganun kalaking interest.

So ang tanong ko po, kung i cancel namin yung purchase. Makukuha po ba namin yung binayad namin na downpayment? wala pa naman kaming pinipirmahan na contract to sell.

Thank you po.

2Downpayment Refund. Empty Re: Downpayment Refund. Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

No pay back normaly. Except some chance if the deal was conditioned (in writing) you will get a BANK loan. What does the signed contract say?

Have you tried Pag-Ibig?

3Downpayment Refund. Empty Re: Downpayment Refund. Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:12 pm

arzkenji

Arresto Menor

Thank you sa reply sir.

Yung napipirmahan ko palang po eh yung sa reservation, stating na wala ako ma rerefund sa reservation. Which is ok lang sa akin. pero yung sa sa downpayment is about 700k na nababayad ko.

I ask the developer if pwede ko ipasok sa pag-ibig. and sabi nung kausap ko. hindi daw po pwede.

4Downpayment Refund. Empty Re: Downpayment Refund. Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

arzkenji wrote:Thank you sa reply sir.

Yung napipirmahan ko palang po eh yung sa reservation, stating na wala ako ma rerefund sa reservation. Which is ok lang sa akin. pero yung sa sa downpayment is about 700k na nababayad ko.

I ask the developer if pwede ko  ipasok sa pag-ibig. and sabi nung kausap ko. hindi daw po pwede.
My Tagalog is bad. If I understand you corect
/they told BEFORE you signed you can get refund
/but NOW they say you can't.
Corect understood?

That's why it's very important to read contacts proper before agree to and sign anything. What does the contract say about refunding?

5Downpayment Refund. Empty Re: Downpayment Refund. Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:48 pm

arzkenji

Arresto Menor

Hi Lunkan,

I haven't signed any contract yet. I supposed to signed a contract to sell but i haven't yet because the document was not prepared yet. But I'm already paying the 20% downpayment.

The only thing i signed is the reservation agreement which stating that i can't refund the reservation fee amounting 20k.

So technically, there is no any legal document that i signed and saying that i can't refund the downpayment.

6Downpayment Refund. Empty Re: Downpayment Refund. Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

arzkenji wrote: The only thing i signed is the reservation agreement which stating that i can't  refund the reservation fee amounting 20k.

So technically, there is no any legal document that i signed and saying that i can't refund the downpayment.
Why do you believe the document you HAVE signed isn't legal?
Even if seller say other than the contract say, the contract is normaly the current agreement. That's why it's very important to read proper BEFORE signing ANYTHING.

I believe such cases have no refund chance except if the developer/seller have broken the contract FIRST.
((Or if they are kind Smile but why would they? Buyers changing their mind add work and sometimes much inconvinience for the sellers/developers. That's why there are reservation fees/downpayments to cover such and reduce the risk such happen.)

7Downpayment Refund. Empty Re: Downpayment Refund. Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:00 pm

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Pls check RA6552 (Maceda Law) regarding refunds. It contains conditions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum