Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adult Seeking a Change of Last Name from using my Father's Last Name to My mother's Last Name

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

christa.sarrate

Arresto Menor

Hi Sirs/Madams,

Good Day! I hope this finds you well.

I would just like to know, if it can be possible for me to change my last name from my Father’s to my Mother’s last name?

I am now 29 years old. My parents were not married when I was born. From the beginning of the pregnancy, until to date, my father never performed any paternal duties to assist my mother in raising me. I just knew my father because I searched for him and sometimes asks for some time from him to bridge the gap.

Before I was born, he already got a son with another woman. He is currently based in the US and I knew him personally because I introduced myself to him when I was able to search for him via Friendster. I got the information about my brother’s name from my mom. My father never introduced us to each other. We just did our best so we can align our plans and finally meet when he was already 28 years old and I was 26 years old.

My father also got married several years ago, and had a currently 15 years old daughter with his wife. His daughter knew my older brother, but never knew anything about me. I tried to do something to connect myself with her but my father didn’t want me to communicate with her as he has no plans of doing it by that time and he said he is planning to do it at a later time when she can understand. His daughter was 9 years old then, and she is 15 years old now. But still, my existence to his daughter and to his entire clan was an unknown story.

During my 29 years of living, I never knew anyone from his side of clan, aside from him and my older half-brother, and he’s never planning anything to make it happen. This was the reason why I think my last name is irrelevant for me to use, and I have been thinking about changing it for the longest time and now is the time that I have already decided that I really want to do it.

I hope you can give me an advise, on the feasibility of changing my name. I want to use my mother’s last name, because in the first place, the family that I’ve known all my life was just her family.

Thank you in advance.

http://xtamoiselle.wordpress.com

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

You can. The important thing is your parents are not married and that this is indicated in your birth certificate.

You will file a petition to change your surname in court. Get a lawyer for that.

Make sure though that your father will be included in the case. This is reuqired under the rules. You will justify in court why the father's surname will be deleted from your name. Take note though that your father's name will not be deleted in your birth certificate. He will remain to be your biological father but you will carry your mother's surname any your middle name will be blank. (kasi kung first name mo, middle name ng mother mo, surname ng mother mo, ano kayo? e di magkapatid.)

Good luck. get a lawyer.

christa.sarrate

Arresto Menor

Thank you, @udmlaw.

Would you know kung how much yung approximate na magagastos in case I start this petition?

http://xtamoiselle.wordpress.com

4Adult Seeking a Change of Last Name from using my Father's Last Name to My mother's Last Name Empty Re:hi Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Rona mae gerawa

Arresto Menor

Isa po akong single mom going 5 years na po..gusto ko po sana humingi ng payo kung paano ko po mpapalitan ang apelyido ng anak ko (from father's surname to my surname) after 3mos po kc nung pgkapanganak ko wala n rin kming naging kontak sa kanya ang balita ko lng po e my knakasama na siya..my trabho po siya pero wlang pramdam sa anak na ..pero last 2weeks po ngmessage ako sa fb nia na papalipat ko n apelyido ng bata sa apelyido ko ..bahala dw po ako ..kaya nagpunta ko ako sa isng PAO..at tnanung ko din po ang dpt gawin pero ang sagot po sa akin ay hindi daw po nila inaadvice n gawin ko po ung pagkkansela ng apelyido ng ama sa bata..ano po b mgndang gawin po?

salamat po ..

5Adult Seeking a Change of Last Name from using my Father's Last Name to My mother's Last Name Empty Re:hi Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Rona mae gerawa

Arresto Menor

Isa po akong single mom going 5 years na po..gusto ko po sana humingi ng payo kung paano ko po mpapalitan ang apelyido ng anak ko (from father's surname to my surname) after 3mos po kc nung pgkapanganak ko wala n rin kming naging kontak sa kanya ang balita ko lng po e my knakasama na siya..my trabho po siya pero wlang pramdam sa anak na ..pero last 2weeks po ngmessage ako sa fb nia na papalipat ko n apelyido ng bata sa apelyido ko ..bahala dw po ako ..kaya nagpunta ko ako sa isng PAO..at tnanung ko din po ang dpt gawin pero ang sagot po sa akin ay hindi daw po nila inaadvice n gawin ko po ung pagkkansela ng apelyido ng ama sa bata..ano po b mgndang gawin po?

salamat po ..

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Rona mae gerawa wrote:Isa po akong single mom going 5 years na po..gusto ko po sana humingi ng payo kung paano ko po mpapalitan ang apelyido ng anak ko (from father's surname to my surname) after 3mos po kc nung pgkapanganak ko wala n rin kming naging kontak sa kanya ang balita ko lng po e my knakasama na siya..my trabho po siya pero wlang pramdam sa anak na ..pero last 2weeks po ngmessage ako sa fb nia na papalipat ko n apelyido ng bata sa apelyido ko ..bahala dw po ako ..kaya nagpunta ko ako sa isng PAO..at tnanung ko din po ang dpt gawin pero ang sagot po sa akin ay hindi daw po nila inaadvice n gawin ko po ung pagkkansela ng apelyido ng ama sa bata..ano po b mgndang gawin po?

salamat po ..

It is for the child to decide if he will drop the surname of the father. You have to wait.

Rona mae gerawa

Arresto Menor

Ilang taon po pwdeng mgdecide ang bata kung anung apelyido ang ggmitin nia ska tnung ko nrin po kasi napasok n po ng school yung anak ko pano po kung ang ngamit nia n surname is yung surname ko po?

Maraming salamat po sa pagsagot ..

attyLLL

the name on the birth certificate should be followed.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

hzllynncrz

Arresto Menor

May I know the exact age of the person before he/she can decide whether to drop his father's surname?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum