Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

nso birth cerificate conflict because of mother's first marriage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ecinrev

ecinrev
Arresto Menor

Dear all,

Need your advice for my current situation. In my municipal birth certificate, my surname was under my father's surname so ever since, I've been using that surname to my documents such as diplomas, ids etc. However, when I claimed my NSO birth certificate, my surname is under my mother's surname so we provided affidavit of legitimation and other documents required by our municipal hall in order to process my change of surname to NSO Manila office. After submitting my documents to the NSO Manila, they found out that my mother had a previous marriage. Although she was also married to my biological father. According to my mother, her first husband abandoned her 10 years ago and currently nowhere to found so here's my question:

1. How to null void my mother's first marriage considering that her first husband abandoned her since 10 years ago and currently nowhere to found now? What would be the best option? Annulment or legal separation or affidavit?

2. With regards to my NSO birth certificate, are there any documents needed so i could finally change my surname into my father's surname?

Your advise is really much appreciated. Thank you.

attyLLL

very tough situation.

I would consider a petition for judicial relief to compel the NSO to recognize your birth certificate under your parent's marriage. yes, it appears to be bigamous, but unless there is a court which has declared that marriage as void, it should have a presumption that it is valid.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum