Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can i change my surname registered in school?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gie_k12

Arresto Menor

I am married and enrolled
using my married name. This
enrollment(tri-sem po kasi kami)
I want to change my maiden name.
Hindi po alam ng school registrar
na pwede gamitin ang maiden name kahit married na ang isang babae. What should
I do, tell them or show them
para maniwala sila na pwede
yung gusto kong mangyari.

hope you can help me.
thank you very much!

attyLLL

when you first enrolled, did you use your maiden name?

did you change it to your married name after that at some point and you want to change it back?

or you have always used your maiden name but now that that they know you are married, they are insisting you change it to your married name?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

gie_k12

Arresto Menor

When I first enrolled in 2008, I used my married name.I didn't know then that I may use my maiden name. Now I already know that I may, I am asking my school to change my last name to my maiden name.Sabi po nila hindi daw po pwede yun kasi kasal na nga daw po ako at di daw pwede na gamitin ko yung maiden name ko.

Ano po ba ang dapat kong sabihin sa kanila?

attyLLL

gie, the school is wrong to say that you cannot revert to your maiden name, BUT they may validly refuse to change their records, but not for the reason they say.

the civil code gives you options what name to use:
Art. 370. A married woman may use:

(1) Her maiden first name and surname and add her husband's surname, or

(2) Her maiden first name and her husband's surname or

(3) Her husband's full name, but prefixing a word indicating that she is his wife, such as "Mrs."

you may indeed choose to change which name you will use.

However, in a similar case relating to passports, the supreme court has ruled that once you have registered under a certain name, you cannot demand that they change your name in their records unless they agree.

Try to show the school article 370 of the civil code. maybe they don't know about the supreme court ruling and relent. but if they refuse, then i don't recommend you take it further. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

gie_k12

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much po! God bless!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum