Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wedding photographer: Delayed deliverables!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ylescu

Arresto Menor

cu
We had our wedding in 2013. We found out after calling the photo company's office at the time that they had closed shop (we were informed by the landlord that the photo company was no longer occupying that space). We tracked down one of the partners of the photo company and confirmed with us that they have indeed closed shop, but will be finishing up deliverables soon. It is now 2016 and we have yet to receive our photo albums and edited video from the photographer. We have been asking and prodding for the albums/video thru email and phone calls. We get the same answers that they'll get us the deliverables soon, but never give us a definite timeline/ deadline whenever we call them. If it's thru email, rarely do we get a response from them. We fulfilled all the prior payments as indicated by our contract, about 95% of it, with only the last payment to be made upon receiving the albums/video. But this long of a wait is just ridiculous!!! At this point if they cannot get us the albums/video then we want a refund! We want to know:
1) Is there someway we can compel them to give us the deliverables? And

2) How do we go about asking for a refund? Because as far as we're concerned, we paid them to deliver services WHICH THEY HAVE YET TO FULFILL (in a timely manner, I might add) , and they have NOT rightfully earned that payment yet, so we deserve a refund.

3) We see the person working/ shooting for another company, and basically find it unfair that he is able to complete commitments with other clients. Is there a way to have him complete his obligations to us via the company he is working for? We highly suspect that he is out of funds to complete ours and previous client's deliverables (which is NOT our problem to begin with!), but our contract has a clause which states if the photo company isn't able to complete their services, that they can have another team to complete the service. That is my understanding of that clause, don't have the contract with me as i type this, but I can look it up and post it verbatim on here when I do.

Any help/answers/ advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

attyLLL

consider a small claims case to get a refund.

also consider an re-enactment of your wedding to be shot by another photographer; it's what other couples in the same situation do.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum