Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Card Fraud/Theft

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Card Fraud/Theft Empty Card Fraud/Theft Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:04 pm

sleeepy

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have a debit card in bdo and I recently got a call from BDO saying there have been multiple instances it was used these past few days totaling to 30k. I told them it was not me, so they decided to close my account and said they will investigate and gave me a list of all the transactions. After checking the list I have realized that it could be the work of one of my kids. So I asked them and I was right, one of them has been using it to buy stuff online. BDO has already given me an email that it was fraud/theft. But since it is one of my kids, I dont want them to file a case anymore and I want them to stop the investigation. Do I make that decision or is it on them? It was my money so am I not the victim and it should be my decision to file a case?

2Card Fraud/Theft Empty Re: Card Fraud/Theft Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:31 pm

attyLLL

answered your other post

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Card Fraud/Theft Empty Re: Card Fraud/Theft Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:05 pm

snoopy08

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty's,

I would like to seek your advice for available options we have.

I am a victim of credit card fraud way back 2010. I have not received my supplementary card and therefore have not used it for any transactions. The principal cardholder is my mother and she thought I was denied as we apply the same time. She got hers but have not got mine. What happens is someone else used the card and have unfortunately used a huge amount of the credit limit. I reported this to the bank thru email and even went to thier office and talk to a representative detailing my case. They said it is under investigation. They have not inform me of the result of the investigation, I failed to follow up the case and just this month police officers inform us to call a certain general who apparently is not and directed as to a collecting agent. I called the bank and they directed me to the person handling the case. That person said he would not entertain my call unless I would talk settlement. He stand in favor of the bank which is to collect. I ask him who could assist me with the dispute and he said to follow up the person I talked before. I emailed the contact person who replied to me before and is now awaiting a reply.

More likely, I am expecting the bank would not favor us in thier investigation. They have not filed a case for this as we have not received any formal letter. Collecting agent is indirectly threatening us. Do we have to pay this amount including the interest? I have seen people in the news paying bills they have not benefited and were fraudently used by other people. Is that the only option we have?

Thanks so much in advance.

4Card Fraud/Theft Empty Re: Card Fraud/Theft Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:03 pm

attyLLL

you can file a complaint at the BSP for the unfair collection practice. you are not liable if they cannot prove that it was you who made the purchases.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum