Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Adjustment and Resignation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary Adjustment and Resignation Empty Salary Adjustment and Resignation Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:32 am

crazybunny17

Arresto Menor

Hello!

I would like to get your opinion about this.

Our company provides an annual salary adjustment every Mar 21 (for my current rank/level). The amount of increase is based on the average of the last two (2) performance appraisal periods (equivalent to 1 yr. performance appraisal).

It was supposed to be released on March, but it was delayed due to reasons not disclosed to us. HR said it would be released today (June 24).

The problem is, I already talked to my boss about my intent to resign. The effective date of my resignation would be on Jul. 23. The HR now is saying that I would not be given my salary adjustment + retro pay because I resigned. I am not sure if there is a clause in our policies about salary adjustment stating that an employee who resigns (but still under notice period) should not be given a salary adjustment. Based on what I've read, there is none.

Should it really be this way? I know I already earned my increase that's why there is a retro pay. Should the company do that to a resigning employee? Withholding a salary adjustment when it was supposed to be released before I resigned? Is there any law that could clarify this?

Hope to get your opinions. Thanks so much.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum