Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Needs of the Child = Capacity to Support Ratio Question

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MisterD

Arresto Mayor

Let's say The Biological Father earns 70K a month net and his Illegitimate child needs only 10K a month for expenses (5k from the Biological Father and 5k from the Mother).

1. Can the mother ask for more than what the child needs?

2. Given that only one of them can support the child, should only one shoulder the entire cost of the child's needs?

Last edited by MisterD on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

MisterD

Arresto Mayor

Up.

Your insights are highly appreciated.

crissy13

Arresto Menor

I would like to know the answers here.. I have same case with my child's father..

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

There is no exact computation on this afaik. Court decides on exact amount. As long as father continues providing support on illegit child, then non-support case cannot be filed then afaik.

From most stories,scenario is typically being leveraged conceptually and/or abused one way or the other as a milking-cow scheme in lieu on parents providing the best support and care for their children.

Support entails more or less basic house bills, clothing, medical, education and transportation. TV cable and internet bills were not specifically mentioned from the law afaik.

Given that the mother has no income, her parents and their other children are also expected to provide support/assistance, in goods or in cash to illegit child.

MisterD

Arresto Mayor

Thanks for your insights Sir Marlo.

I'm almost done backreading this entire section (nasa 80%), and most of the stories/scenarios I've read, kawawa talaga rito yung other party na nagiging gatasan ng kabila (With all the possible stories one can make to make the other shiver with fear). Yung to the point na yung para dapat sa Legal Family eh doon sa kabila napupunta.

IMHO, While I think dapat lang naman yun para sa kabilang party, too much revenge will not give you peace of mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum