Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support Concerns

+4
Leslie_anne
MisterD
ador
akie05
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Child Support Concerns Empty Child Support Concerns Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:10 am

akie05

Arresto Menor

I have a boyfriend and we are getting married soon. He has a child with her ex-girlfriend and he's been sending money to support. The thing is,few days ago my boyfriend received a letter from the mother of the child asking for more money for the child but i think its too much. The lettler also includes list of demands regarding visitation for the child..that my boyfriend can only visit his 5year old son 4 times a week with a maximum of 6 hours per visit in there place and if my boyfriend wanted to bring his son outside,he needs to send a letter 10 days before the said date and the son should be accompanied any of her family members. And if my boyfriend won't follow can she file any case? please help..

2Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:33 am

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes she may file a case against your BF. Worrisome, right? But If she does, it wouldn't be all that bad because she would not be allowed to ask or be granted unreasonable demands on the amount of money, visiting conditions, and the likes. Understandably, expenses go up while the child matures but financial support is not based on what she asks for; it's based upon the capacity of the father. Do not try to control whatever his decision on the matter may be though ayt? He is still his own person right? And if they are legally married you must be aware that you may be a respondent also. Look it up. Lack of preparation is not good.

3Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:51 pm

MisterD

Arresto Mayor

Hi Akie,

What would the ex-gf file if your bf doens't agree to the terms? She can't just file any case without probable cause/reason.

AFAIK, as long as your bf provides support (and keeps all deposit slips), she can't make unreasonable demands. Just like what Ador says, she would not be allowed to ask or be granted unreasonable demands on the amount of money, visiting conditions, and the likes.

BTW, did your bf sign the BC of the kid?

4Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:29 pm

akie05

Arresto Menor

@Ador&MisterD, thanks for the reply. No, they were not married but he is the father of the child (also appears in the BC). I'm not sure what case she can file because when we received the letter (w/ the demands listed on it) she just mentioned that she will bring this to court if my Bf doesn't comply. He did not take the child for granted. He's been giving all the support needed by the child. We kept all the deposit slips (not knowing that we will end up using it as proof just in case). If the mom really files the case and my Bf doesn't show up, what will happen? My Bf and I works abroad..

5Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:09 pm

Leslie_anne

Arresto Menor

Hello. I was never married but my daughter is with my ex boyfriend because i live abroad. My ex boyfriend does not allow me to see my daughter and requires me to give financial support. What can i do about this?

6Child Support Concerns Empty child support and concubinage Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:35 am

jackie11

Arresto Menor

Good day!
Married and have 2sons. 10yrs old and 5yrs old. Year 2013 nalaman ko nlng na may iba na xa at nabuntis at nd na xa umuuwi sa bahay for two months.i asked my inlaws pero deny effect cla hanggang na discover ko it was true. He manage their family business sa province at may NFA retailing store xa na sarili business. kami namin ng mga bata stays at city. Twice a month lng xa umuwi. bec. Of my depression umuwi ako sa hometown ko with my two sons. We had an agreemnt na support xa 20k /monthly sa mga bata. 1year naging okay nman hanggang sa lumiit na naging 4k o 5k monthly. I need enough money for my eldest son's medication on his nuctornal seizure. Sobrang mahal ng gamot. Dalawa pa cla nag aaral ngayon. May sarili akong business pero nd parin sapat. recenlty nalamn ko na buntis na nmn ang babae at nasa bahay pa cla ng inlaws ko nakatira. I had pictures proven. please help me what legal actions do i need to do.
Thanks and Godbless...

7Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:27 pm

MisterD

Arresto Mayor

jackie11 wrote:Good day!
Married and have 2sons. 10yrs old and 5yrs old. Year 2013 nalaman ko nlng na may iba na xa at nabuntis at nd na xa umuuwi sa bahay for two months.i asked my inlaws pero deny effect cla hanggang na discover ko it was true. He manage their family business sa province at may NFA retailing store xa na sarili business. kami namin ng mga bata stays at city. Twice a month lng xa umuwi. bec. Of my depression umuwi ako sa hometown ko with my two sons. We had an agreemnt na support xa 20k /monthly sa mga bata. 1year naging okay nman hanggang sa lumiit na naging 4k o 5k monthly. I need enough money for my eldest son's medication on his nuctornal seizure. Sobrang mahal ng gamot. Dalawa pa cla nag aaral ngayon. May sarili akong business pero nd parin sapat. recenlty nalamn ko na buntis na nmn ang babae at nasa bahay pa cla ng inlaws ko nakatira. I had pictures proven. please help me what legal actions do i need to do.
Thanks and Godbless...
I assume legally married po kayo, pwede po kayo magfile ng RA9262 for Economic Violence. Kung idadamay mo yung mistress, Concubinage po ang dapat na ifile nio.

Just gather more evidence and try na rin to consult a Lawyer po.

8Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:28 am

jackie11

Arresto Menor

Yes im a legal wife po. Thanks for the advice. I had schedule for consultation on monday. Godbless...

9Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:12 pm

MisterD

Arresto Mayor

jackie11 wrote:Yes im a legal wife po.  Thanks for the advice. I had schedule for consultation on monday. Godbless...  
Good Luck po. Balitaan mo na lang kami.

10Child Support Concerns Empty Child Support Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Simplyfab

Arresto Menor

Good day! I would like to seek some advice regarding this child support issue. My fiancee has an eight year old son. My fiance and the mother of his son had an agreement before that my fiancee will support the child on a monthly basis with a particular amount exclusive of other expenses (toys, clothes, etc) whenever his son want something. As part of agreement, every weekend the child should be with my fiancee and his family (father of my fiancee if he is onboard) however, last November 2015 the mother of the child stop allowing him to have his son every weekend due to the demand amount the she is after to. But unfortunately, she did not receive any on that month because my fiancee is no longer on board and that is part of the agreement. In the whole four months that my fiancee is on vacation he wasn't able to see his son every weekend as part of his right. So now, he decided to discontinued supporting the child on a monthly basis during he is on board since the other party is the first one to not follow the agreement. And now the mothe of the child sent a demand letter to my fiancee.

I just want to know what would be the best thing to settle things out. My fiancee is willing to support the need of his child. He is willing to support the study of his child but not the other way around like before that the mother of the child will receive a specific amount on a monthly basis. The mother of the child has her own family now and has two other children. My fiancee just want to assure that the support he will give will definitely benefit by his son and not the other. That is why he is offering the changes in supporting his child. Thank you.

11Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:59 pm

attyLLL

refusing to give support regardless of the denial of visitation rights can be considered a crime under the VAWC law.

he can file a petition in court to allow him visitation and fix the amount of support. but he should not stop sending support.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

12Child Support Concerns Empty giving child support Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:55 am

jeorge888

Arresto Menor

My friend got a demand letter asking for 50k monthly. saying he does not give support to the 3year old kid. they are not married. but my friend signed the birth certificate. Before he gives money but later on he just buy all the meds, water and other stuffs needed by the son. bec when he gives money, it is like a never ending asking for money. HE also enrolled the kid to a school. but the mom wants her to study in another school. The mom seems using the kid to get money out of the guy. The guy wants them to live together but the mom just left and brought the child with her. now she is demanding 50k and said she would file for violence for women law. My friend now has a company under his name and an apartment under his name. Does the girl have the right to ask to get more bec. he has income / assets? should the guy transfer his assets to another name just so the girl can not ask for more? does the kid have rights to the assets? Sad thing is my friend loves the son and they are treating him as the bad guy. he has always been there for the kid. but they are using the kid as leverage to get what they want.

Last edited by jeorge888 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss one word.)

13Child Support Concerns Empty Re: Child Support Concerns Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:55 pm

MisterD

Arresto Mayor

jeorge888 wrote:My friend got a demand letter asking for 50k monthly. saying he does not give support to the 3year old kid. they are not married. but my friend signed the birth certificate. Before he gives money but later on he just buy all the meds, water and other stuffs needed by the son. bec when he gives money, it is like a never ending asking for money. HE also enrolled the kid to a school. but the mom wants her to study in another school. The mom seems using the kid to get money out of the guy. The guy wants them to live together but the mom just left and brought the child with her. now she is demanding 50k and said she would file for violence for women law. My friend now has a company under his name and an apartment under his name. Does the girl have the right to ask to get more bec. he has income / assets? should the guy transfer his assets to another name just so the girl can not ask for more? does the kid have rights to the assets? Sad thing is my friend loves the son and they are treating him as the bad guy. he has always been there for the kid. but they are using the kid as leverage to get what they want.
50K a month for financial support? Even mas malaki pa sa sweldo ng pangkaraniwan na empleyado gaya ko (don't worry, hindi sya nagiisa).

Inform your friend to get an Attorney and have the child's expenses re-computed. I'm guessing ginagawa syang ATM nung babae. If your friend was able to keep all of the deposit slips he made, may laban ang kaibigan mo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum