Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

seeking legal advice regarding Smartbro share it connection prob

+4
jergo
biggie9385
attyLLL
wudzwoody
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wudzwoody

Arresto Menor

Sir/Madam,

seek lang po ng legal advice, kc sobrang bagal na ng smartbro share it net connection for, it's been like this since oct 2010, now nasa past 1yr and 3rd month nako ng lock in period na 2 yrs, plano ko po na tapusin na yung contract ko sa kanila without paying for the remaining months ng lock-in period sa kadahilanan po na nagbabayad naman ako on time, pero yung serbisyo po nila ay palala lamang ng palala,unfair naman po sa part ko na magbabayad pako sa services na wala naman nang pakinabang sa kabagalan..

ano po ba ang maari kong gawin?

salamat ng marami.

attyLLL

first, i recommend you regularly document the service with speed tests so you can build your case. document your complaints with their technical and customer service. send hem a letter with all your documentation. hopefully you will be able to negotiate a release.

if you want a legal remedy, you will have to file a case in court for rescission of contract.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

wudzwoody

Arresto Menor

thank you po sa reply.

ano pa po ba magiging prob kc may waiver sila na pinasign bago ako nag subscribe sa kanila, but then i signed it kc nga that time before ako ng sign up for subscription sa kanila, may friend ako na may smartbro shareit din, i borrowed it para matry ko sa place namin, i was excited kc when i tried it, ang bilis eh. kaya dali2x ako nag subscribe sa smart.

attyLLL

the problem is that they will reject your claim and you will have to undertake court action to achieve your objectives.

biggie9385

Arresto Menor

i'm also having the same problem with TS. SmartBro is telling me to transfer from Share-it to PLDT MyDSL because our area's internet connection has very heavy traffic. I'm 1.5yrs subscriber of Share-It plan P999 and I paid for the router (P2,500.00). Their Backend support group told me that they knew already that there are connection problems in my area way before i avail this service. Just less than 48hrs from signing the contract, I'm already talking to their hotline support for connection and device problems. As soon an my 1yr lock-in period ended (July 2010) i went to their center to apply for retention. They told me that they don't have retentions program for share it and that I use the service and pay the monthly bill of P999. Last December 29, 2010, i cannot connect to the internet for more than 5 days. They advise me to transfer to PLDT MyDSL. I asked them what will happen to my router wherein I paid P2500 for it. They told me that they will not refund me 'coz i dont have contract anymore. I asked them if it will be become a very expensive paperweight then and they confirm it. Is there anything I can do to get a refund or get something from my router? I cannot transfer to mydsl since our phone line is not good and it will added cost for me to buy another router. thanks

attyLLL

so are you still using the myshare plan? if you really wish to enforce your right, you will have to send them a demand letter then file a small claims case at the mtc. your legal costs may exceed the cost of the router.

biggie9385

Arresto Menor

thank you sir for your comments. Do you think it will be ok if i will post the "hardships" i experience from Smart Bro in other forums? I won't be sued by Smart? Smile thanks

attyLLL

they might, so you do so at your own risk.

jergo

Arresto Menor

hi atty, to the other guys as well

I am also quite piss off with the services that these giant telecoms are offering, they will advertise a hard-to-resist offer then after some short time of subscribing they'll hack the services off, and because you're tied up, they offer you another "cost-lier" package, first they offer it in a "as fast as.." but when you complain the excuse is "peak hours", should it be that they post the min speed (peak or off peak) but not the max speed then they can get away with it with technical B.S., anyways my question to atty is, can these guys, probably me included file a class suit against say smartbro for this matter?? dapat yata malaman ito ni manong johnny.

attyLLL

yes, a class suit is possible.

James24

Arresto Menor

hi atty

ah makikita po ba s police and nbi clearance if ever magsampa ng kaso sakin smartbro?..balak ko na kasi wag bayaran yung remaining months ng contract..pangit kasi ng service nila kung hindi intermittent, mabagal naman..o kaya totally walang connection

attyLLL

no it won't, but they have the right to collect from you

maria89

Arresto Menor

Hello po, ask ko lang po kung if possible to file a case against smart?? Im using Plan 999 smartbro for 1yr and 3months now... Yung first, okay naman ang connection at tuwing hapon lang bumabagal.. then nun pina-transfer ko ang antaena sa temporary house na tinuluyan ko for awhile... nahirapan yung nag-install makakuha ng magandang signal buti nalang medyo mareklamo ang mister ko at hindi nya tinigilan ang technician ng smart hanggang hindi sya kontento sa signal... around July 2010 po ata yun.. around September medyo bumagal na ang signal at around 3rd week ata ng month na yun wala na akong makuhang signal at all for a week or two i guess... ang masama pa buo parin ang bill.. ndi ako ngbayad ng ilang months... pinabalik ko sya sa dating house kung saan ako nakatira ulet ngayon... Simula nun lagi na akong may problema sa connection. Ilang beses na pumunta ang contractual nila at wala parin pagbabago.. maayos saglit at balik na naman.. Around december they disconnected my connection kasi ilang months ndi nagbabayad... dahil sa kailangan ko magkaconnection at kung magpapalit ako ng ibang connection... walang assurance na hindi sila parehas ng smartbro.. So i stick with smartbro and i paid my bills... Right now I have problems with the connection for almost two weeks now... pumunta ang contractual nila nun feb.19 at feb.25... reason nila marami na daw users ang smart kaya unting signal nalang nkukuha ko...... hangganag ngayon sobrang bagal ng signal... hindi sya nakakatulong lalo na sa aming mag-asawa .. nasa ibang bansa ang asawa ko at sa tuwing magskype kami... kailangan madaling araw dito para makapagchat kami or else mahirap ang signal.. very unstable... ano po ba ang dapat gawin?? at is there's a way to file a case against their service?? it seems na sila lang ang may rights na magfile ng case at ang consumer ay wala....

I found this link while searching on google but Hindi ko sya maintindihan:
http://www.ulop.net/forum/17-isp-exchange/123543-possible-case-against-telcos-in-the-philippines?limit=10&start=10

sana po matulungan nyo ako!! salamat po ng marami!!

attyLLL

please back read the previous posts; I believe my previous answers are still applicable. On the forum you linked, I have to agree it will test your will whether it truly worth it to sue Smartbro, or just stop the service.

jergo

Arresto Menor

attyLLL, i think it will take congress, maybe like sen. enrile to get piss off with the service first, then have a senate inquiry before these telcos will fix themselves up and provide better service, what i heard was that the two bigger/earlier telcos has older network facilities that is why it cannot accommodate the big amount of subscriber anymore. they should be upgrading their facilities already.. either they have not break even on the cost of their equipment yet or they are earning so so much in expense of the consuming public.

myra143

Arresto Menor

gudpm po sa lahat. pls give me advice po regarding on my dsl problem..PLDT.. ganito po kasi ang problema ko. i have my internetcafe for 5years.last MAy 2011 lumipat ako ng PLDT. kasi maganda naman talaga ng connection nila.. but ang nangyari po ngaun humina ang shop ko.. hnd na ako makabayad lahat ng monthly bills ko kasi may bagong internetcafe dito sa amin..kaya plano ko na magsara.my monthly bills sa pldt is 2381 pesos this is 2mb including telephone.ng pumunta ako sa opisina nila this afternoon. sabi ko sa kanila na e downgrade nalang ang speed ko for 1mb kasi hihinto na ako sa business ko. at hnd ko na kaya magbayad ng 2381 monthly. pero ayaw nila pumayag kasi nga may kontrata po daw. please help me po./ ano dapat gawin ko.. hindi ko naman kasi alam ganito mangyayari sa negosyo ko..attorney pls help me...

attyLLL

check your contract again if there is a lock in period. if there is, then not much you can do. you can write them a letter that you are canceling the contract, but the are within their rights to reject it.

potch28

Arresto Menor

SIr/Madam

FAIR USAGE POLICY

Isa rin poh ako sa mga subscriber ng plan 999/ 1year and 5months nko nka subscribe ang hindi ko alam kung aware kayo sa bagong issue na fair ussage policy parang nilagyan ng limitation ang connection natin na subcriber every month pag nauubos daw natin to babagsak ang connection to .18 to .20 mbps ang connection. parang ginagawa iniipit ang mga consumer dahil nasa locking period pa ko kami ang pahihirapan na pag chachagaan namin toh..

ang tanong ko sir pano un.. sa waver or contract nah pinirmahan namin wala naman tong fair usage policy na to.. hindi po ba pag labag contract rules un?..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum