Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

which is better? confused..

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1which is better? confused.. Empty which is better? confused.. Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:53 pm

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

I am contemplating on what protects me, the seller, better between the two. deed of conditional sale or contract to sell.
1. Is it correct that in the deed of conditional sale, the buyer has all the legal rights to the property (house) upon complete payment of initial amount? and a deed of absolute sale is no longer required? what if the buyer defaults on the payment, like after the stipulated time the payment has not been made fully and I demand for the return of the property so i can at least lease/sell it to another do i return all the money or can I charge for loss of opportunity?
Because part of the condition is upon payment of initial or down payment the property is turned over to the supposed buyer.
2. The case being, if the amount to be refunded is not stipulated in the contract, what does the law say about it?

2which is better? confused.. Empty Re: which is better? confused.. Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:53 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

as a seller, it is favorable for you to execute a contract to sell- ownership/title will pass only to the buyer after FULL payment of contract price. Now, as to the first querry, the stipulation is correct and valid since that is not contrary to law,however the resulting effect creates a problem just like what youve posted above in case the buyer defaulted. likewise you can also stipulate for payment of additional charges in case of "loss of oppurtunity" since the law recognized the freedom of the parties to stipulate the terms and condition of the contract.
2.if the amount to be refunded is not stipulated then it shall be based on the actual amount given as evidenced by the receipt.

3which is better? confused.. Empty Re: which is better? confused.. Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:36 pm

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

thanks a lot. appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum