Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kasambay Sued partner of Employer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kasambay Sued partner of Employer Empty Kasambay Sued partner of Employer Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:07 am

alphagrace

Arresto Menor

Hi, I have a maid whose contract was finished way back in September 2015. I relieved her from duty January 2016. She filed a case against me because she said I have not given her a separation pay, but when she left I gave her 30,000 pesos her monthly salary was 15,000 pesos. I am not the one who signed her contract but instead, her original employer was my partner who also signed the contract which is already completed. Is it legal that she file a case against me when I am not her original emplyer?

2Kasambay Sued partner of Employer Empty Re: Kasambay Sued partner of Employer Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:45 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Who rehire her after the contract ended in sept. 2015?

This advice is on the presumption that you rehire her.

The case filed is Legal. Because her original contract ended way back september 2015. Therefore, if there is any claim for unpaid separation pay, she must file it against her original employer which is your partner.

However, since there is a "continous" employment from oct. 2015(the month after the contract expired) until jan. 2016(relieved from duty), then, impliedly, you rehire her and you become her employer. So, it is proper/legal for her to sue you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum